Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to remove the word "Pontiac" and the "6.0" emblem from the rear decklid. I just wanted to make sure that those emblems didn't have holes behind them and that they'd just come off with a little floss and extreme persuasion. I ordered the "Goat" emblem, but I'm just now finding out that they're horrible quality. It'll probably just end up on the side of my tool chest and I'll go with more of a slick sleeper look on the decklid. Thanks dudes and dudettes!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't remove the Pontiac symbol. I read in a thread that it leaves line-up holes. The other lettering popped off pretty easily. Just use a flathead screwdriver with a very thin head and be careful so you don't chip your paint.

·
Registered
910 Posts
sharkbite1979 said:
I didn't remove the Pontiac symbol. I read in a thread that it leaves line-up holes. The other lettering popped off pretty easily. Just use a flathead screwdriver with a very thin head and be careful so you don't chip your paint.
To be safe, use a hair dryer to heat them up and peel them with your finger nail. The Pontiac emblem does have holes behind it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Bumper Insert

I removed my bumper insert, not on purpose but I AM LEAVING IT OFF! Most people don't even notice that there is anything missing unless I point it out. The only bad thing is where the 3 clips inserted into the bumper.

Now from behind almost nobody knows it is a GTO. Total sleeper!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.