Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
enjracing said:
i have read on here about removing the "chocks" to delete weight. what are they? are they the supports for were a jack goes that is in the kit in the trunk? thanks.
Yeah, they're where the spare tire is. Not enough weight to worry with, and I think they're kinda cool. Must be an Australian thing. Didn't expect to find chocks in my trunk.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You will find that a lot of people here aren't die hard racers or street racers, just enthusiasts that are happy with the car the way it is for the most part. I would think on LS1/2 gto.com you will find people more serious about racing/weight reduction. This is a great bunch of folks to sit back and bs with, but not "hardcore" :). I am personally probably going to be gutting quite a bit from my car- enough to make most here shudder, but I am also a street guy, so I look for any advantage. You'll see a bunch of "not too heavy, not worth removing" posts- but you know every little bit adds up. I have a 50 lb bucket of bolts and misc brackets and crap just from a DSM race car I built lol- so it all adds up. Problem is the GTO is heavy overall though, so gutting it a bit will only result in "not as heavy" lol. I would like to see some tubular chromoly suspension items offered also to ditch some of the heavy factory stuff, but don't know if it is out there or not.

Don't take this the wrong way- like I said, the people here are great, just not into this sort of stuff for the most part.
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.