Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an 05 model GTO. I don't like the looks of any rear spoiler, and I don't want one on my new car.

The dealer assured me that there was not a "spoiler delete" option, so I've accepted that my car will arrive with a spoiler. The dealer said the GM parts network could sell me a replacement trunk lid, but that it would automatically come with the spoiler mounting holes already drilled.

However, I understand that the Austrailian and English (Vauxhall?) versions of the Monaro are available without spoilers. Is there an overseas source for a new trunk lid without spoiler holes that will fit an 05 GTO?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Palmer said:
You may want to check out this post.....

GTO Forum > New GTO Discussion > GTO General Discussion > Spoilerless ( Pics ) Yellow Jacket.. 56K beware

You wanna provide a link please i couldn't find that thread and am interested in reading it. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little clarification

I had given up looking for a way to delete the spoiler from my order, but maybe someone on this forum can teach me how.

The Pontiac "Event Code" for the GTO rear spoiler is T43 for the 05 model build. The dealer could not find an override option code to delete this spoiler from an 05 GTO. If any of you know such a code, please tell me exactly what it is and I will give it a try.

This dealer also attempted to order my car in a blue interior / black exterior color combination, but he couldn't get the plant to accept it. Can anyone help with that option code?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Its not a big deal to remove it and if you don't want to pay the triple digit cost for a new lid shipped from overseas or for a body shop to cover them up, you can spend $15 for GM paint and plastic plugs from Ace Hardware and most people won't even know the car had one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i order the cars for a dealor there is a hood scoop delete but thats it.. the factory 18's are on constraint but u dont want those anyway they are narrower 235's instead of the 245's. the appearence package is availible, the different exhaust that comes with it looks nice but is quiet as hell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The dealership I got mine from has an '05 on the lot. I was looking at it and noticed it had a different spoiler than my '04. Not sure if all '05s come with this spoiler or if it was a dealer install. It looked really sharp, I'm going to look into getting one for mine. I'll see if I can find a pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.