Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a small jagged hole, no more than 1/2 inch x 1/2 half inch at a screw hole. Anyone have any ideas about the best way - or any way - to repair it. Repairing it in some manner that would still accommodate a screw would be nice but not necessary. As always, thank you for the help.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a small jagged hole, no more than 1/2 inch x 1/2 half inch at a screw hole. Anyone have any ideas about the best way - or any way - to repair it. Repairing it in some manner that would still accommodate a screw would be nice but not necessary. As always, thank you for the help.
Maybe glue a piece of plastic behind it, fill it with plastic weld. sand it drill a hole then counter sink slightly. touch up with texture or pebble type paint to match your texture. then paint with your console color,

·
Registered
1967 400/400
722 Posts
You really need to post pictures. I've been repairing classic car plastics and urethanes for more than 25 years, but you need to know what you're working with. Amazon sells plastic welding rods... You either use a solder iron to apply them, or heat up a putty knife/ flat screw driver with a propane torch and then melt them in. I've repaired cracks on the bottom of 400 gallon water tanks, using this method, no issues.

You can also use fiberglass reinforcement tape with 5 minute epoxy. But without seeing a picture, I can't say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts