Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the title says, I replaced one rear control arm, and now my parking brakes are no longer working.

I chocked the wheels, engaged the parking brake and jacked up the vehicle, and both rear wheels can be spun.

I only touched one side of the vehicle, yet both wheels move freely.

Anyone have any ideas about what when wrong, and if so, how to fix it? I definitely need my parking brakes. My driveway is slanted to drain away rain, only now its just draining away my GTO!

·
Registered
361 Posts
When you put the replacement control arm in... Did it have a hub / parking brake assembly already? or did you take the original parts and swap it to the replacement control arm?

Sounds like it needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The control arm came with the hub assembly and brakes, but I switched out my original brake lines and rotor. I guess I need to adjust the shoes inside. I found a video online detailing how to do it.

I took my car in and had it realigned, and the mechanic peeled the boot off of my parking brake, revealed a set screw and tightened it down. I still need to adjust the shoes - the parking brake works, but my car rolls back about a foot before it fully stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts