Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good source for replacement carpeting? Just pulled the seats out and it's in worse shape than I had originally thought. Not sure I want to leave this one up to a local upholstery place since I'm trying to stay as true to original with things as I can.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I got one from AMEs in 1985, and one from Year ONe in 1993. Both fit great, and still look great. Hard to go wrong from a reputable outfit like these....

·
Registered
31 Posts
As long as it is ACC carpet

My company sells carpet, I've installed more than half a dozen carpets and I have done side by side comparisons.

My expert opinion as long as you are buying carpet made by Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) you are getting the best. I know Ames sells ACC and last I knew Year One sold ACC as well.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a brand new in the box black carpet made by ACC for 68-72 GM A bodies with automatic transmissions listed on another Pontiac forum. $90.00 and free shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) fit terrible. I got a set for my '69 and they were so short that the front and rear carpets didn't overlap. Year One sent me another set and it was the same situation. They must be trying to cut cost by undersizing the carpets. Now I'm looking for better carpets that fit and I'll use these ACC carpets to wipe my muddy shoes on.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lab Rat,

Not sure if my PM to you was sent across. Let me now if you still have that carpet up for grabs...and if you think it'll be short as mentioned in the previous post.:cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my carpet from Ames and it was molded. Never did a carpet job before and it came out great and a lot easier than I expected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts