Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have some trunk floor work done in the spring and will replace the original gas tank. My GTO clone is a 1965 and wanted to know if this item is worth it. It comes in a kit with everything I need.

RESTOPARTS - Fuel Tank, 20-Gallon, 1965 Tempest/LeMans, w/o Vent, w/Neck @ OPGI.comTHo

Also is there any resale value in an original gas tank?

On another note. How much do you think I could sell these 1967 Pontiac bucket seats for in the present condition?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

I also have a 1967 console and not sure it I should get a 65 console or clean this one up. I am going to replace the B&M shifter and wonder if there is a difference with 65 and 67 consoles in regards to a new shifter fitting correctly.

If I was to sell the 67 console in its present condition, What is it worth?

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shouldn't be any issues with the tank and the engine/tri power. Make sure you use a vented gas cap with a non vented tank.
Interesting you mentioned that about the vented gas cap, as it comes with a non-vented gas cap in the non-vented gas tank kit, and one of the comments from OPGI on the non-vented gas cap reviews, OPGI even comments back on a review to use a vented gas cap on a non-vented gas tank. I will have to call them about that tomorrow and see if they will remove that from the kit since I don't see a vented gas cap on their website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts