Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm going to swap out the crappy factory head unit for an aftermarket one. I have the bracket to put it in, now what?

Do I really need to spend $15 on a set of "keys"? it looks like a bent out wire hangar will do the job. Also, can i splice the harness in, or do I need a special plug to go from the head to the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Napoleon_Tanerite said:
So i'm going to swap out the crappy factory head unit for an aftermarket one. I have the bracket to put it in, now what?

Do I really need to spend $15 on a set of "keys"? it looks like a bent out wire hangar will do the job. Also, can i splice the harness in, or do I need a special plug to go from the head to the car?

I can't stand the whoe system, so i am replacing everything this week.
You should take it somewhere to get done. shouldnt cost too much

·
Registered
344 Posts
Napoleon_Tanerite said:

Cut up large painted coat hanger works fine. I take side of console off and give radio a little push from behind after taking antena cable off. Dont push on conector push on radio housing around conector

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
BTW, Holden makes a plastic flat panel that will cover up any left over space from the big ass Blaupunkt head unit -- and a normal sized stereo. It's actually a "radio delete" blank plastic plate cover which you can trim to fit. Sean Beatty at Hunter Holden in Sydney, AUS will know exactly what you're talking about. Less than $20 USD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.