Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how to remove and replace the stock grills from my 04. The body shop is telling me that the whole bumper has to come off to reach the 2 clips per side.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I removed my lower plastic grill to mount my laser shifters. There are 4 clips and they just slid off with a little pressure. Re-installing them was a pain but can be done without removing the bumper. Not sure about the upper grill, should be able to get to the clips after removing the plastic radiator cover.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was refering to the two upper grills. I had the bumper repainted today and wanted to replace the stockers with the performance package style. I had the body shop leave them off since it looked like such a pain.
Since I'm new to the GTO world, can you tell me what a laser shifter is ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Toro Toro said:
I was refering to the two upper grills. I had the bumper repainted today and wanted to replace the stockers with the performance package style. I had the body shop leave them off since it looked like such a pain.
Since I'm new to the GTO world, can you tell me what a laser shifter is ?
The laser shifters, if I'm not mistaken, confuse police laser.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Holden said:
I dident get to mine today but I dont see y cover has to come off. Looks like remove clips across top and pull back enough. Gna try tomorow if gets back from shop early enough.
You start trying to remove them without taking the bumper cover off and you'll find out really quickly why it's advised..... besides, it only takes 3 minutes to remove front bumper cover.

·
Registered
498 Posts
TAKE OFF THE FRONT CLIP!!! Be careful of the front two side brackets (under neath the headlights).

Take the time to do it right. If so, its a simple process. G'luck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Holden said:
I dident get to mine today but I dont see y cover has to come off. Looks like remove clips across top and pull back enough. Gna try tomorow if gets back from shop early enough.
i Did my SAP Grills today and I take it all back I did take cover off and your rite it did take me 3 min to break cover on left side. But the SAP grills are in. Now just need Bumper cover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.