Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we already had a post on this already but I just had the two rear mufflers chopped and had straight pipes installed the only thing that bugs the heck outta me is the louder popping, I think I read in the older post and I think others said that a X pipe eliminated the popping I'm not sure, anyone???

On top of that when they got the goat on the lift I noticed some deep scratches on her, and on the way home I get rear-ended by a chick in a 300c what a day huh?... off to call the body shop and pay a $500 deductable to Insurance there goes the Auto X grilles and the Lingenfelter CAI money :mad:

DAYM CHICK IN YER 300C :shutme

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
707GTOLS2 said:
I know we already had a post on this already but I just had the two rear mufflers chopped and had straight pipes installed the only thing that bugs the heck outta me is the louder popping, I think I read in the older post and I think others said that a X pipe eliminated the popping I'm not sure, anyone???

On top of that when they got the goat on the lift I noticed some deep scratches on her, and on the way home I get rear-ended by a chick in a 300c what a day huh?... off to call the body shop and pay a $500 deductable to Insurance there goes the Auto X grilles and the Lingenfelter CAI money :mad:

DAYM CHICK IN YER 300C :shutme
sorry to here bout that dude. why do u have to pay a ded.? it was here fault

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks EEZ but yea I called the chick a little bit earlier An we worked out that she just pay for the deductible but when we were talking she kept throwin me different answers so I'll just pay it and wait for her to pay me back... :mad:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
If she hit you from behind, it is her fault. You don't need to pay a deductible at all. She pays her deductible and turns it into her insurance company. They get you a rental and pay for your car to be fixed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If she hit you, then just contact her insurance company directly. You don't even have to deal with her. It will be on her liability insurance, which won't even cost her a deductible. If the repair is over $1000, then her rates will go up, however. Don't sacrifice and miss out on the LCAI. It is good.

Also, I recommend when you get it fixed if you can work it in to consider painting the rear letters "GTO" in red. I like the look of mine and get compliments.

I have the Magnaflow true X exhaust on mine and cut the mufflers from this system and went with 6" straight through bullet type mufflers. Very close to a straight pipe. Sounds really good and the popping is minimal - a little more than when it was stock, but not bad.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure if an x pipe will eliminate it
Mine got worse after the headers and x pipe.
I read a post somewhere that the popping had something to do with the grind of the stock cam....but dont take that as gospel.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks route 66 yea my buddy told me in his 2002 WS-6 had the same problem with his after he swapped everything out then it stopped popping after he stuck a new cam in there. At, least it sounds alot better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts