Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody running the 17" or 18" modern hurst wheels on a 68-69 gto ? my 14" redlines on my rally 2's are wearing out & i'll be damned if i'm going to spend over 200$ for skinny 14" redlines. i love the new bigger sizes available in redline radials, so sounds like a good time to buy some new rims. i want to go with bigs and littles, anybody have photos or sizing experience? i like the hurst dazzler black spokes with polished lip.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
you will want a 5" offset wheels with 8"+ width and you should be able to fit 265-275 rears with a 235-245 fronts. Like those new hurst wheels, but anything with 5 spokes looks right at home on these cars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i,ve been nursing the tread on my 14" redlines & i'm really stoked about these hurst rims! everybody has the rally 2's and i coudn't decide about torq-thrusts.
i've read up on all the history on hurst rims and i think it bridges the gap between stock and modern. some comments i've had about the stock look
" that car looks like a matchbox car" model with those rims why dont you put on some torq-thrusts. i think the 17 x 8 hurst dazzler is the way to go for me. i've never seen any around here & i like to be different

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
yes they appear to be a modern version of the original hurst profile, would look sharp with the wide redlines. I am running Billet Specialty Wheels in 15x8, liked the subtle arrowhead like detail.

·
Registered
125 Posts
nice!

Bill
They look really good. If I had known about them when I bought my wheels, I might have went with them instead. I'm not sure about the car in the pics, but if I had to guess, I'd say they are 8's and 9's like my Pontiac Rallye look-a-likes. I know they are 17's like mine are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts