Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you playing the home game:

I had an arbitration date for my GTO set for 4/13. GM's business Resource Center called offered me these choices the DAY BEFORE my arbitration:

- 5yr/70k Majroguard warranty
- Repurchase, less mileage
- Replacement, less mileage

I agreed to call off the BBB thing, stating that I'd accept one of their offers. Today they call me, and tell me that the only thing they offered was the warranty. That they were only discussing the repurchase hypothetically. When I asked her, "why would you run me numbers and offer to call me back to help me make my decision if there was no decision to make?" She couldn't answer me.

She had her manager conference called in. So, after telling her that it was unfathomable that a company as large as GM would bait and switch me to get me to drop the case, i hung up.

And called the Executive Office. After heatedly retelling my case, the man sounded skeptical, as if he was of course going to back my case manager up. Then, he read the notes.

In the notes that she made herself were the full details of my offer, including the repurchase/replacement.

This is the worst-run, most underhanded and devious company I've ever, EVER dealt with. I'm losing my mind...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
well i learned something today.

next time ask them to fax the offer to you, no matter what.

actually i did that with geico when the 944 was stolen. we agreed on a number. through all the discussions it was the value plus tax. when i got the fax it didnt say anything about tax.

i called back and my adjuster told me it was a total #. WTF!! i tore her a new one, and told her to close the case and elevate it. any time she started to explain i told her to elevete it, and that my offer went up 2k.

ten minutes later she calls back and tells me her manager OKd the original number plus tax. i told her she had 15 minutes to fax me the offer in order for me to accept it. if she couldnt get it done in 15 minutes, just elevate the case and let the judge decide.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top