Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my fellow GTO owners. Here is a quick question for you. How the heck do you reset your settings? i currently have the average miles per gallon and average speed. But i dont know how to reset them after i fill up my gas tank or so. i have read the manual, but they really need to dumb it down a bit. :)
So can anyone give me a quick answer?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Tuxedo Mask said:
Okay, my fellow GTO owners. Here is a quick question for you. How the heck do you reset your settings? i currently have the average miles per gallon and average speed. But i dont know how to reset them after i fill up my gas tank or so. i have read the manual, but they really need to dumb it down a bit. :)
So can anyone give me a quick answer?
Hold down the mode button for like 3 seconds then let go. (when you have what you want to reset, showing)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
djdub said:
Well when you said "sorta" you implied that I was not totally correct in my explanation.
That's because you weren't totally correct.

From the pamphlet "Getting to Know Your GTO":

To reset menu items such as AVG SPEED or TRIP TIME, press the "SET" button for less than 2 seconds while the item is displayed.
..not the MODE button, and not "like 3 seconds."

SET for less than 2.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey... I didn't get one either... :mad:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Groucho said:
That's because you weren't totally correct.

From the pamphlet "Getting to Know Your GTO":

..not the MODE button, and not "like 3 seconds."

SET for less than 2.
Wow, sorry man, somebody must have pissed in your Cherios. That's why I said "LIKE" 3 seconds, not exactly 3 seconds. And I meant to say the SET button but I didn't, so my fault. Although I figured this out on my own. I haven't even looked at "getting to know your GTO" yet. I don't need the manual for things that are quite easily figured out in LIKE 3 seconds.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
djdub said:
Wow, sorry man, somebody must have pissed in your Cherios. That's why I said "LIKE" 3 seconds, not exactly 3 seconds. And I meant to say the SET button but I didn't, so my fault. Although I figured this out on my own. I haven't even looked at "getting to know your GTO" yet. I don't need the manual for things that are quite easily figured out in LIKE 3 seconds.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately, we are not all blessed with either your obviously God-like powers for devining the electronic Gordian Knot that is the GTO trip computer or your talent for razor-sharp explanatory writing.

But we'll muddle on, somehow.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Groucho said:
:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately, we are not all blessed with either your obviously God-like powers for devining the electronic Gordian Knot that is the GTO trip computer or your talent for razor-sharp explanatory writing.

But we'll muddle on, somehow.
If memory serves me correctly, this thread was started merely as a question by one of our fellow goat owners, as to how one would reset the trip computer. I politely answered the fellows question, only to be subjected to your inclination to quickly point out a persons lack of accuracy. All of which was done so with a demeaning and degrading tone. I aplogize for my inaccuracies and for the gaul I portrayed for not reading the owners manual.
Also let me just add...

you're a poopy head.

That being said, Groucho, let's let things slide, because after all we are of the same breed, essentially.

We should rise up as one and fight the powers that be.
i.e. Mustang owners, Ricers, etc.

There is no replacement for displacement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.