Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the specs for revised alignment specs that come from Pontiac TAC? I have done all the searches I can think of but no match.

·
Registered
153 Posts
When your Pontiac dealer gets tired of you bitchin (like me) about the tires wearing excessively on the inside shoulders, TAC will advise them to set the camber as close to zero as possible (still inside the original range) without going on the positive side.

And contrary to some things I have heard about having the camber set to zero, my Goat tracks and handles much better than when I had -0.7 degrees camber at each corner.

Plus, I only rotate tires for left-foot-itis.:cool

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bsmcall said:
When your Pontiac dealer gets tired of you bitchin (like me) about the tires wearing excessively on the inside shoulders, TAC will advise them to set the camber as close to zero as possible (still inside the original range) without going on the positive side.

And contrary to some things I have heard about having the camber set to zero, my Goat tracks and handles much better than when I had -0.7 degrees camber at each corner.

Plus, I only rotate tires for left-foot-itis.:cool
Are you saying 0 camber on all 4? Not just front.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Holden said:
Are you saying 0 camber on all 4? Not just front.

The Rear camber is non-adjustable. I am an Alignment tech and set my front camber to zero last week. We will see what happens.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts