Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short...guy in an integra tonight gave me the thumbs down. And wouldnt stay beside me. Twice he hit it ahead of me and I crushed him anyway. To make matters worse...he gave me the ricer fly by TWICE! both times after losing to me terribly! OMG...ricers suck!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
YOU HAVE TO WONDER WHAT GOES THROUGH THEIR HEAD. THEY TRY TO MAKE THEIR CARS QUICK BUT DISPLAY NO EDIQUETTE OR SPORTSMANSHIP.

PERHAPS HE HAD MORE WINGS AND STICKIES ON HIS CAR THAN ON YOUR GTO . THAT WOULD THEN JUSTIFY IT...:lol:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Long story short...guy in an integra tonight gave me the thumbs down. And wouldnt stay beside me. Twice he hit it ahead of me and I crushed him anyway. To make matters worse...he gave me the ricer fly by TWICE! both times after losing to me terribly! OMG...ricers suck!
Most of the ricer owners who do this are from the younger generation. I think they spent too many hours watching THE FAST & FURIOUS. The ricer cars are decent but by installing a 6 foot wing and sticking a garbage can on the tail pipe does not make the car a Race Car. I don't drive my GTO often but when I do I always have a ricer pull up along side of me and try to get me to run them. When this happens, I just roll down my windows, point at their cars and just LAUGH as loud as I can. It really pisses them off.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Please allow me to interpolate an alternative opine to this thread. While I agree that the import folks are for the most part a level below (skill, taste & funding) the American V8 and European enthusiasts they still foster the same passion, as do we. Personally I don’t hate them and I am often entertained by the silliness of their Mods. They are kids trying to turn a commute chit box into a fast/quick car, not an easy task…

Oh, by the way – one of the recent winners of Pinks All Out was a first generation Honda CRX twin turbo. I think the car weighed 7 pounds.

I don’t waste my fuel on them either…Rich

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Sore losers for the most part.....

I don't bother with them unless I see or hear something that really gets to me, like an out of control fart cannon, the silly toy behind the car meaning hes a "drifter", or the guy just trying to impress his girlfriend by testing me! That one really gets to me. I just get a bit ahead of they're car and rev like the silly maniac Goat that I am deep inside, right into the passenger window... I love watching them roll up the window after that.....

·
Registered
670 Posts
After first buying my Goat I just knew for sure I'd have plenty of Ricers wanting to try me,but to this day I have not had even 1 try anything, to my surprise.

I guess we have the more intelligent Ricers in my neck of the woods,LOL.

I did have a guy in a Grand Prix(Not riced out) rev on me as he was passing in front of me while I was a stop sign............I just laughed and gave him a thumbs down.

These guys have got to be smart enough to know they have no chance so I don't know what makes some people do this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know why they are so dumb around here. All of them know NOTHING about GTO's because there are so few around. Back when i was in the tuner car game with my volvo, i used to hear guys badmouthing the GTO all the time. I knew better and thats part of the reason that one is in my garage right now. They used to say stuff like, those things are sluggish, they don't really have 400hp, they are only good from a dig...blah blah blah. Complete nonsense. The only reason i messed with the guy in the integra is because he honestly believed he had a chance. Ugh, it pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Please allow me to interpolate an alternative opine to this thread. While I agree that the import folks are for the most part a level below (skill, taste & funding) the American V8 and European enthusiasts they still foster the same passion, as do we. Personally I don’t hate them and I am often entertained by the silliness of their Mods. They are kids trying to turn a commute chit box into a fast/quick car, not an easy task…

Oh, by the way – one of the recent winners of Pinks All Out was a first generation Honda CRX twin turbo. I think the car weighed 7 pounds.

I don’t waste my fuel on them either…Rich
I tell them, YOU CAN MAKE A PIECE OF JUNK GO FAST , BUT ALL YOU HAVE IS A FAST PIECE OF JUNK

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have beaten a honda civic and have been crushed by a honda civic. It all depends on the driver and how much money/time spent on a car. but yea, ricers suck...

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Some say that ricers suck. In my opinion, bullies suck worse. Racing someone that you know you have better odds of beating is a waste of gas. I rarely hear kills of C6 Vettes, Porsche Carreras, AMG Mercedes (any one), etc. Why? Because the odds of beating them are slim unless you have a good chuck of mods. I've killed my share of Porsche Carrera S4, C6 Vettes (no Z06s though), C5 Z06, AMG Benzes, GTOs and more that I can't think of now. Every time I ran one of those rides, I honestly did not know that I would beat them so I definitely wasn't bullying anyone. Some were closer than others but I won. So to me, the ricer hate and kills don't do anything for me. Trust me, they always try to egg me on but I always ignore them. Impress me with a more worthy opponent.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Some say that ricers suck. In my opinion, bullies suck worse. Racing someone that you know you have better odds of beating is a waste of gas. I rarely hear kills of C6 Vettes, Porsche Carreras, AMG Mercedes (any one), etc. Why? Because the odds of beating them are slim unless you have a good chuck of mods. I've killed my share of Porsche Carrera S4, C6 Vettes (no Z06s though), C5 Z06, AMG Benzes, GTOs and more that I can't think of now. Every time I ran one of those rides, I honestly did not know that I would beat them so I definitely wasn't bullying anyone. Some were closer than others but I won. So to me, the ricer hate and kills don't do anything for me. Trust me, they always try to egg me on but I always ignore them. Impress me with a more worthy opponent.
Its really not about bullying, atleast not for me. I've turned down PLENTY of races, trust me I live in Hollywood, the capital of ricers. I have even turned down worthy races, like a modified G37, because he was driving way too radically. I only give in when they taunt an taunt and taunt, and I'm in the right mood for it. Come on they are having fun, we are having fun, I don't see it as bullying at all.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Its really not about bullying, atleast not for me. I've turned down PLENTY of races, trust me I live in Hollywood, the capital of ricers. I have even turned down worthy races, like a modified G37, because he was driving way too radically. I only give in when they taunt an taunt and taunt, and I'm in the right mood for it. Come on they are having fun, we are having fun, I don't see it as bullying at all.
:agree There is alot of guys out that do drive all stupid, trying to show off, changing lanes all retarded, that you think they might just crash into you. When you see that just back off from them. There aint no point for stupidness.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I never give the ricers the time of day for a race cause for the most part, most of the ones i've come across that have tried to get me to go do not have the power to make it worth my effort or my gas. I practically only race other American sports cars like f-bodies, mustangs, g-bodies, vettes, m3s, and several european cars with decent hp levels cause they are the cars that are worth racing cause they can either keep up or beat you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the most part...I agree. But this guy gave me a thumbs down. Thats reason for punishment in my book!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I don't street race but I will take my car out now and then and put it thru it's paces.There have been a lot of fatal accidents in my area of Connecticut and most involve ricers . I am not putting them down nor am I a ricer hater , but they are not for me. I need the sound of a American V/8.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
:agree nothing like the American V8 muscle.

Hating other rides is unfortunately the uglier side of competition. I prefer to admire the machines for what they are and respect the owner for having a similar passion for the automobile.

In a recent article in our GTOAA mag, one of the writers had to respond to the fact that the new era GTO's are in fact GTO's, and he proceeded to squash that continuing sentiment from our classic GTO owners.

You and I know however that such thoughts will always be present...at least in our life-time. My point being that even our own heard can have negative feeling presented towards the rides we cherish.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
:agree nothing like the American V8 muscle.

Hating other rides is unfortunately the uglier side of competition. I prefer to admire the machines for what they are and respect the owner for having a similar passion for the automobile.

In a recent article in our GTOAA mag, one of the writers had to respond to the fact that the new era GTO's are in fact GTO's, and he proceeded to squash that continuing sentiment from our classic GTO owners.

You and I know however that such thoughts will always be present...at least in our life-time. My point being that even our own heard can have negative feeling presented towards the rides we cherish.
That statement right there says it all. Well put! As far as the "ricer" thing goes, I really don't have much to say about them unless the car is totally outrageous or the driver is just straight out driving like an idiot. But on the flip side, most of the so-called ricers are young kids. So the crazy driving is to be expected. Them not being able to really mod their cars to put out crazy amounts of power is mainly due to the limits that their smaller engines can make and the fact that they don't make a lot of money to do much, power-wise, to their rides. Hence the fart cans, useless wings, wild body kits and any other non-power adding accessories they normally have. Anyway, if anyone feels that they had to put the smack down on one of them then I guess they were given a reason that justified doing so. I just don't think it's a fair fight. I save my gas for the big boys.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts