1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size rims would be the biggest you guys will go? I was thinking 19's

G

·
19x8 front, 19x9 rear is the biggest you would ever want to go, from the research I have been doing. Just make sure they weigh the same or less than your current rims. Otherwise your just hurting yourself.

·
Registered
75 Posts
tommycheng1728 said:
what size rims would be the biggest you guys will go? I was thinking 19's
Just wondering...how did those 4 "round things" the tires are on become know as rims? Actually the rim is the outer portion of the WHEEL!

·
Registered
61 Posts
big_mike said:
19x8 front, 19x9 rear is the biggest you would ever want to go, from the research I have been doing. Just make sure they weigh the same or less than your current rims. Otherwise your just hurting yourself.
:agree I know a bunch of guys are running the ROH Drift R wheels in 18" or 19". I had some in 18" on mine for a while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
big_mike said:
Does anyone know what the 17" stock wheels weigh?? and how am I gonna find out how much the new ones I pick weigh??

G

·
to find out what your stock rims weigh, take em off, put em on a scale, and that gives you a wheel-air-tire weight. then go online, see what the tire weighs, subract 5 more for air, and thats your wheel weight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ahh man I have to take all my wheels off and weigh them come on :)
Someone on here had to have already done this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know I was trying to be funny, didnt work I guess.

G

·
use smilies my man, helps us understand a joke post from a serious one.

of course, if you go to tirerack.com they show the weight of the wheels.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I did use a smile, I'm going to tire rack right now. I think 18" will be best I dont want ot have to bend fenders or anything LOL!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was saying there for drag only b/c of that fact if they were looks they would all be the same.Which I sure you know just stating the obvious :lol:
Come though image the burnouts with the skinny ones in the back :rofl:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.