Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out the ring & pinion on a 2005? I'm curious how long I should plan on it taking. I am hoping to get 3.91s in sometime before the year is up.

Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
AWESOME! Bestest mod ever! I had it done to all my f-bodies and mustangs, and usually it takes about an hour for the install, if you have a good shop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
big_mike said:
AWESOME! Bestest mod ever! I had it done to all my f-bodies and mustangs, and usually it takes about an hour for the install, if you have a good shop.
I would LOVE it if I could get it done in an hour! :) I have checked two local shops and they are telling me 8 hours!!! I'll keep looking.

Are there official "book" times for ring & pinion swaps on the '05 GTOs?

btw... Just placed the order for my 3.91s from Diff Technics. Can't wait!!! :)

B

·
0 Posts
Well, on a live axle rear, it takes an hour. Even on a vette it takes an hour. So yeah, on the GTO, it should only be an hour!

If they are telling you 8 hours, if its a flat rate, let them take as long as they need but if they are getting paid by the hour, LEAVE!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Try to get in contact with someone in AUS because there has been a lack of distribution of these gears in the states. I was one of, if not the, first person in the states to get these gears put in my goat. I have had them in for over a year and a half and have had no problems with them. I think this is one of my best mods from the fun point of view. I got the gears extremely cheap at the time and had to fork out another $425.00 for installation and bearings. You will also have to recalibrate the PCM after getting the gears put in or you will be putting extra miles not driven on the cars odometer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts