Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Motor Trend: GTO/Charger comparo

I can't believe the GTO lost to a four-door!!

What are these magazines thinking??!! First Car and Driver hands the win to a Mustang (over the Goat), now MT picks a Daimler-Chrysler over it.
Doesn't anyone think the GTO is a winner??!! Maybe Modern Bride will give it a top score....?
Go figure....
EDIT: correction;wrong magazine, if that's important

slow
(I'm disgusted)

·
Registered
89 Posts
slowride said:

What are these magazines thinking??!! First Car and Driver hands the win to a Mustang (over the Goat), now R&T picks a Daimler-Chrysler over it.
Doesn't anyone think the GTO is a winner??!! Maybe Modern Bride will give it a top score....?
Go figure....

slow
(I'm disgusted)
Chrysler/Merceded spends more money on ads in the mags. Also its seems to that everyone thinks Pontiac is dead.

·
Registered
136 Posts
please post the links for the articles....i cant find them! This might be a good thing... when a Dodge "4-door" Charger pulls next to you and you blow it away it will put them in there place and bust their ego. Same goes for the 05 "Mus"take...i have yet to race one and i hae seen many, atleast 5 a day, on the road and none want to play! They know gents, they know!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Road and Track had the same article as Motortrend? Man where are you going to find a true enthusiats magazine anymore that truely rates the cars for performance?

·
Registered
476 Posts
ouijaguy said:
please post the links for the articles....i cant find them! This might be a good thing... when a Dodge "4-door" Charger pulls next to you and you blow it away it will put them in there place and bust their ego. Same goes for the 05 "Mus"take...i have yet to race one and i hae seen many, atleast 5 a day, on the road and none want to play! They know gents, they know!
The MotorTrend article is in the Dec issue, so won't be available online until Dec 1. I can scan the article and email to someone if the want to host it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here is a number for you. 4131 lbs, That is what the Charger weighs. People have been saying that the GTO is heavy at 3800lbs. I think the GTO beat the Charger SRT8 in most of the tests in the Motor Trend Article.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
the charger is a four door pig and the '05 'stang GT is only 200# lighter than the listed weights of our goats. at the track last week a 'stang GT was knocking down 14.2-14.6 ETs :rofl:

·
Registered
233 Posts
All I can say is the mags writers, must have sh!t for brains!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw a new Charger last night. Hemi-power! It looked real good in my rear view mirror. IMO the GTO is a much better looking car than the Charger. I did see an STR-8 300C at the gas station. I took a long look at it and the guy was real cool. It was pretty damn nice in person and sounded mean at idle. Guy paid 54K for it, I paid 29.4K for the Goat!

·
Registered
214 Posts
99% of the chargers you see on the street will be R/T's which are only 340 HP and are dogs (I know - I test drove one before buying the GTO). The Road & Track and Motor Trend articles were with the new SRT-8 Charger that has 425 HP. It is a mean SOB but costs at least 10 grand more than a GTO. However, what shocked me was the 1/2 second difference to 60 mph that the two magazines had for the GTO. One was 4.7 the other 5.2??? That is a huge difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Jumbojet said:
I saw a new Charger last night. Hemi-power! It looked real good in my rear view mirror. IMO the GTO is a much better looking car than the Charger. I did see an STR-8 300C at the gas station. I took a long look at it and the guy was real cool. It was pretty damn nice in person and sounded mean at idle. Guy paid 54K for it, I paid 29.4K for the Goat!
$54,000??? Was it the 300C SRT-8? That guy got raped.

G

·
slowride said:
What are these magazines thinking??!!

(I'm disgusted)
In my opinon the Mags are just running BS up the ying-yang about other cars and raising the hype because thats what they get paid for "such high praise" for weak cars.. gotta think tho they all GM cars ... but the GTO will outsell and outclass allmost all the others..so its not like they gotta advertise the GTO as much..

IMO.. anyone who thinks a GTO is slow "even stock" .. just prolly hasent raced one and dont know *JACK* what they are talking about.. :willy: :party:

·
Registered
156 Posts
This kinda makes me happy. I know a guy who has an SRT-8 on order and he's been talking a little s*** about the GTO... I can't wait until it comes in now. I'll even hold off on my tune just to show him what a bone stock LS2 is all about :rofl:

·
Registered
148 Posts
slowride said:

What are these magazines thinking??!! First Car and Driver hands the win to a Mustang (over the Goat), now MT picks a Daimler-Chrysler over it.
Go figure....
EDIT: correction;wrong magazine, if that's important

slow
(I'm disgusted)
I finally read that biased piece of crap article. What I would challenge the editors of that magazine to do is take the fair and balanced approach and get readers to vote for the car THEY think is the winner and then let the Car / Driver bias editors give their biased opinion that is not based on actual test data! These little white sock, sandal wearing WIENERS need to go help save the fricken whales or review Volvos and leave the high performance stuff to a more qualified magazine and staff that does not have their heads stuck in very dark places...:lol: There!! now I feel much better :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
1BadGoat said:
All I can say is the mags writers, must have sh!t for brains!!!:rofl:
:agree

I read that article and was pretty steamed. It just shows how stupid these people are. They should be fired and hire me instead. Seriously, though, one part it says "The Goat's still got strong legs, but it's beginning to show its age." AGE???? The GTO came out in 2004, it's not even two years old yet!! These morons are totally biased and should limited to writing reviews about lame compact cars instead. :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.