Pontiac GTO Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
You have found a really solid car. Brings back so many memories of the 66 I did when I was a teenager. My Pop gave me three totaled 66 GTO's and space to use in the shop of the family business. Looking back, that's how he made sure I learned mechanics. It also meant I spent every dime of my summer paychecks on parts - and that kept me out of trouble. (mostly). Anyway, great looking car - wish you much fun and success with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh, definitely do the vinyl top! You have the moldings and material, so go for it. I know a lot of guys don't view vinyl tops as "muscle car" accessories, but I have always thought GM A-bodies wore it well. It ties the body to the interior in a classy way. Your car is looking terrific so far!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
After looking at the vinyl draped over the car for a few days I decided I really liked the look. Yesterday I tackled my first vinyl top install, I'm tickled with the way it turned out. Possibly one of the scariest things I have done through the restoration. But also one of the most rewarding things. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
After looking at the vinyl draped over the car for a few days I decided I really liked the look. Yesterday I tackled my first vinyl top install, I'm tickled with the way it turned out. Possibly one of the scariest things I have done through the restoration. But also one of the most rewarding things. Here are some pictures.
Wow! Great work!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
headliner and package tray are in

Finished up the headliner and package tray install. Came out nice just a few wrinkles that I need to steam and heat out. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Both G8 seats installed

Here are a few more of the G8 seats installed. Also got the electric working, pretty easy on these just a hot and ground. I dropped off the rear seats to be matched on Saturday. It will be about a month before I get those back. The buckets sit just a bit higher than stock but you can lower them with the electric.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Rear seat redone

Stopped by the Upholstery shop today to drop off the dash bad and was given this surprise. I didn't realize he had even started on the rear seat. I had him match the new G8 seats up front. It was his idea to create the bucket seat feel for the back. Hard to believe that's all on top of the original frames. Not for everyone I'm sure, but exactly what I was going for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
What window felt kit did you use? I replaced mine (tried two different kits) and unfortunately neither fit well.

Love the color and wheels....Looking forward to seeing the finished interior.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
They were called original Repops, i thought they fit pretty nicely and looked good.
Thanks, Rob

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Sweet! The car looks great and the interior has me wishing I had gone that route for my front seats....Congratulations!

How is the motor (I will have to read what you did with the motor and suspension)?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Sweet! The car looks great and the interior has me wishing I had gone that route for my front seats....Congratulations!

How is the motor (I will have to read what you did with the motor and suspension)?
Small block Chevy found on page 6 of the build. Lot of brightwork and polish.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts