Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting aftermarket rocker arm. Does anyone know what the stock rocker arm (ratio?) is? I assume they are 1.5. I've read that if you put 1.6 it's good for 10 hp. To me that's a pretty cheap mod with a preety good gain. Let me know what you guy's think.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Go 1.8's, SLP sells them and they are very nice pieces... I'm starring at them right now! (for another customer):cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. One question; will I have to replace my push rods or lifters? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
If you do the rockers, no, the only thing I would recommend is replacing the valve springs to something that can take the added stress, problem is, once you do both you can buy a cam cheaper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1.8 rockers

All lot less money would be to use the LS7 1.8 ratio exhaust rocker. Something like $144.XX + Tax + Shipping for a set of sixteen. p/n 12579617

And LS2 GTOs have LS6 type springs. Good for the additonal lift the 1.8s would supply.

All you need are the rocker arms.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock is 1.7 ratio, according to SLP's web site
Thanks Nick! Yeah I just read that too...I dont know what I was thinking:eek:

All lot less money would be to use the LS7 1.8 ratio exhaust rocker. Something like $144.XX + Tax + Shipping for a set of sixteen. p/n 12579617

And LS2 GTOs have LS6 type springs. Good for the additonal lift the 1.8s would supply.

With that part number I assume they are GM parts? Thanks for the info, I will look into them.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It's going to push the lift to .600 on the intake and .596 on the exhaust, you NEED better valve springs!!!!! I'll sell the LS7 rockers for 144.00 + shipping + tax, but you still NEED valvesprings!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's going to push the lift to .600 on the intake and .596 on the exhaust, you NEED better valve springs!!!!! I'll sell the LS7 rockers for 144.00 + shipping + tax, but you still NEED valvesprings!
I'll take your word for it! Can you give me a good price for rockers and springs? :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Correction.

Other fellow is correct. These springs are apparently good up to the lift of the what LPE includes with the GT2-3 camshaft. Which has .571"/.581" lift.

I would have sworn LPE advised someone the springs were good to .600" but cannot find the citation. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

I know this is an old thred, but has anyone else heard of this? Will the LS7 rockers fit the LS1?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts