Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all -

I bought a 2004 Black on Black A4 last May and recently found out about your forum. It is terrific. The info shared within this forum is extremely helpful - thank you all for that. I have a couple questions for you. I live in Minnesota so my Goat is garage stored in the Winter/Spring months. What do you recommend I do to prepare it for Winter when it basically sits for 5-6 months? I have an old Chevy pickup as my daily driver. Also, where can I find relatively inexpensive rims/tires? I would prefer black rims. Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Where have ya been man? jk I would put the car on jack stands, remove all the tires. Keep it clean and waxed, preferably covered. I would start it a couple of times a week and run it for a couple of minutes. Change the oil before you bring it out. Most importantly while it's "down for the winter" MOD MOD MOD...that's what I would do!!!! Oh yeah welcome to the herd :cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Humbler. I plan on talking it out in the next few weeks - when the snow is completely gone and the roads are dry. I will bring it straight to the shop to be detailed, have the tires rotated and the oil changed. Also, they were supposed to order me a part for the door as the driver's side lock only works when you manually depress it - the key fobs don't work. Hopefully the part came in. Anyway - I digress. Oh - believe me - I would love to start modding but I need to pay it off first, according to my little blonde haired boss :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.