Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Goat on Wednesday and absolutely love it!

This is the first V8 I've owned so I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is "normal." When at a stop either while in gear (A6) or in neutral, the car rocks very slightly about once per second. I am not sure if this is normal for an engine with so much power or if it is a cylinder is mis-firing. Any thoughts about taking in for service? Do any of you feel this slight rocking in your car when idling? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
NT91 said:
My 05 does it as well. I had a friend in the car the other day. He wanted to know if my car was missing.
Did you him "No, it's right here!")lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
This applies to the A4's too right?
When I am stopped at a red light I hear the regular "chugchugchug" but underneath that every couple of seconds I'll hear a small thump and the car rocks slightly, like hit by a small gust of wind.

Normal?

·
Registered
381 Posts
GibsonUSA said:
This applies to the A4's too right?
When I am stopped at a red light I hear the regular "chugchugchug" but underneath that every couple of seconds I'll hear a small thump and the car rocks slightly, like hit by a small gust of wind.

Normal?
More like 400 Clydesdales getting ready to run :cheers

·
Registered
456 Posts
TexasRealtor said:
That would be your muscle car "idle lope." It is normal and you will grow to love that little shake sitting at stoplights. It is just a reminder of what lurks beneath your hood.:cheers
:agree
:cool

·
Registered
455 Posts
There seems to have been a couple of posts like this overtime. They always throw me off personally because I never really notice or think about it :confused: Then again, every car I've ever owned has been a V8 except for one (a fluke), so I suppose I'm used to it.

I personally feel it is a bit strange in quiet cars, especially driving. Sometimes I can't even tell the engine is on :willy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.