Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum & GTO....
Bought a 455 Lemans/GTO clone from a "friend of a friend" only to have the top end starve of oil,seize all 16 lifters, break an intake pushrod, bend an exhaust. Supposedly the engine had 1K miles on a complete rebuild. WRONG. 2 old cratered valves in the heads, rusted pushrods, old cam installed, timing chain worn & found a 1" hole in the block with JB weld in the waterjacket painted over in Pontiac blue. Block is unsalvageable. Yeah....I was taken. Some friend!! Anyway... I'm learning fast & hard about Pontiac. I have a line on a running 350 from a 71 Ventura & need to know how much of my 455 stuff will bolt up to the 350. Intake, exhaust, waterpump, starter etc. Tranny is a 350 TH & is good. Thanks in advance for any & all assistance!

Scott
1965 LeGTO

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Everything from the 455 should bolt right onto that 350. That's one of the nice things about these engines...........sorry to hear of your ride to the cleaners.........

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Wow, that is a rough start and I do believe I would be in the sellers face for a refund for the replacement engine, but that's just me. Hope the 350 runs well and you can enjoy the car...:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
If there was no specification of "sold as is for parts and restoration" on the bill of sale, you should be covered under your state's lemon law...provided it has one. If he's willing to slap you in the face by selling you a junker, slap him in the face for the cost of a new engine. It'd be one thing if he sold it to you with the knowledge that it needed a LOT of work, but selling it as a functional car is BS. nuke em :shutme

1 - 4 of 4 Posts