Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still having slow load issues with all my home computers.

I do not have problems with any other forum or site.

This forum loads slow on every computer in the house to include my hard-wired main computer and all 4 operating wirelessly.

I have a Netgear Wirless router/modem provided by Time Warner.

Is there anyone out there experiencing similar problems and if so, has anyone found a solution?

I know how to access the settings on my router but do not want to change things unless I know what to do.

Big Thanks!!!
Rick

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
From time to time when maintenance is being performed on this site it will slow up but its been a while and the site is running fine on my end.

Have you deleted your cookies deleted the bookmark then entered a new one? I use Mozilla Firefox and it is fast, I.E. is slow and lethargic compared to Firefox.

Your computer free from adware, maleware?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From time to time when maintenance is being performed on this site it will slow up but its been a while and the site is running fine on my end.

Have you deleted your cookies deleted the bookmark then entered a new one? I use Mozilla Firefox and it is fast, I.E. is slow and lethargic compared to Firefox.

Your computer free from adware, maleware?
Judge,

Yes, yes & yes. I've decided it is something to do with my router because it only happens on computers at my house (5 total). The only thing those systems have in common is the router, so....

Rick

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
An anti-virus program can slow things down to a crawl also. I had to disable the anti-phishing and web traffic programs in my Kaspersky to get the site to load quickly.
I, too, use Firefox. I just got tired of all the BS with IE. There's also a LOT of ads on here and I can block some of them with a No-Script program within Firefox. That lets the forum come up faster too.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I.E. is painful to use. Firefox is nicer, faster, and easier to navigate. It's supposed to be more secure. My firefox keeps crashing now a days mostly when I am on ebay. It began happened when I downloaded the latest version about a month or so ago. Even disabling add ons don't help. It still heads and tails better than I.E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts