Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I got my radiator recently (a great recommendation from this board.) and intend to put it in this weekend if time permits. I noticed last weekend in the slew of old boxes of parts, that although he had the bolts and the top clamp...he did not have the rubber inserts for it. I can redneck with the best of them (use some rubber hose scrap) but I would rather have the right stuff. anyone know where to get one, or have one laying around? year one apparently doesn't have them...and I was unsuccessful in finding them for the others.

as always this board has allowed me to expand on my love for being an auto enthusiast.

thanks for any help. and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get it started next weekend :cool

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up some urethane ones on Ebay for mine. That seller lists them often but I didnt save the listing.. I'm sure you can find him.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just got mine from fedex truck 2 days ago ordered them from OPGI.com

What year is your car? 68-69 Tamraz on ebay has them. And original parts group, ames and performance years and the parts place all had the ones for my 70

·
Registered
704 Posts
for stock radiators, insulators and brackets are still available for tempests from 1964-1977. don't know if they fit aftermarket, but since ames sells desert coolers, they should be able to tell you what brackets and insulators will fit. Don't know what you asked for, but paper catalogs for Steele Rubber, Ames and Year One all show them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts