Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm No one seems to know anything about the rubber inserts on the SAP Hood. So this is a question for the engine experts out there. If I removed the rubber inserts from the underside of the hood and left the new air intakes on the hood exposed to free flow air in, would it have any adverse effects to the engine if rain got in through these vents?

The rubber is there for a reason, it's just I think that its defying the object of cooling the engine with these huge rubber inserts blocking the flow :confused

·
Registered
316 Posts
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?p=19770#post19770

There you go, the link should work. Unfortunaltly I was only able to test at limited speeds and would love to get one of these things in a wind tunnel. Supposedly if you extend the front bumper down another 2 inches you can knock a few points of the cars Drag coeficiant which in theory should cause greater vaccume under the hood and pull more air through the hood scupes, but with that we are back to needing a wind tunnel

Hey anyone have access to a wind tunnel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.