Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 65 GTO is running a built 421 and I am considering moving from the smaller center carb 64/65 setup to a 66 for the larger center carb/more power. The carb setup on her motor MUST be a Tri-power, so it seems the only move up in performance would be to go to the 66 Tri-power setup. Can you give us suggestions on sources for the 66 manifold, center carb, and a "tuner" who could take the manifold and carbs and modify them for the best performance? I can provide specs on the roller cam, CR, rear gear (yet to be determined, but likely a 3.75 or 3.90) etc.
Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If the Tri-power setup we have can be modded or tuned to support mid 400s horsepower, that's OK too, but I need info on tuning/performance enhancing capabilities as well. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All American Carburetors

All American Carburetors has the 3 Rochester carbs from the 65 Tripower now. From referrals and carbs I have seen them do in person, and conversations with them I am confident that they will do a great job. They emphasize that they restore, not just rebuild them. I also sent the cam and other build specs to them so they can get an idea of what to do (jetting, etc) to maximize the build for her motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts