Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a drive today and came across a white 350Z at a light with a big ricer hood on it. I did not provoke this but as we turned off the light onto a two lane road he put his foot in it and I heard a loud supercharger whine. I put my foot into it to avoid that GAY ricer flyby and it worked. I motioned out my window for him to pull over and we stopped at a gas station. I told him his S/C sounded good and he said my car sounded pretty bad too. He told me that he's beaten GTO's before and when I asked him were they 6.0's he said yea, he can get them on the interstate. He said he dynoed at 298rwtq and 320rwhp. I told him we put down 350 stock and he began to explain to me how that was at the crank. I quickly corrected him and said that we make 400 at the crank and that 350 is at the wheels. He gave a facial expression like wow I didnt know that. We gave each other a happy holidays and a rev and pulled off. I think he was BSing about the GTO kill stories a little because I saw how quickly I fended him off earlier but ah well. If I run into him again Ill be sure to find out what that things got. Numbers wise, sounds like Id get him but itd be a decent race.

P.S. Also said that he had put about 15K into the car. I can respect that, but 15K and 320rwhp/298rwtq is well....:rofl:

·
Registered
377 Posts
His numbers sound too weak to beat a 6.0. I suspect that is an EPA legal S/C which may explain it.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
His numbers sound too weak to beat a 6.0. I suspect that is an EPA legal S/C which may explain it.
Which is also extremely sad... Something still doesn't click. Numbers are still a bit low. 350z's should be putting down somewhere in the area of 245-270 rwhp, and about 205-220 rwtq stock. Now lets say its an EPA legal S/C, and hes running low boost, you still have to keep in mind he dropped 15 large on this car.. Nice race, but I think this guy is further from his car than he thinks.
A 350z is no match for a GTO's speed, but its not so far left behind, to the point were even a decent supercharger wouldn't bring him up to pace. Maybe I'm just rambling...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was thinking the same thing so your not rambling. Stillen makes a S/C for the Zs that only add 50HP. I dont really see the point of that mod for the same money you can twin turbo a Z and run high 11s low
12s. Nice kill OP.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was thinking the same thing so your not rambling. Stillen makes a S/C for the Zs that only add 50HP. I dont really see the point of that mod for the same money you can twin turbo a Z and run high 11s low
12s. Nice kill OP.
No kidding. Or just buy a used C5 or C6. Not everyone likes chocolate ice cream though!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which is also extremely sad... Something still doesn't click. Numbers are still a bit low. 350z's should be putting down somewhere in the area of 245-270 rwhp, and about 205-220 rwtq stock. Now lets say its an EPA legal S/C, and hes running low boost, you still have to keep in mind he dropped 15 large on this car.. Nice race, but I think this guy is further from his car than he thinks.
A 350z is no match for a GTO's speed, but its not so far left behind, to the point were even a decent supercharger wouldn't bring him up to pace. Maybe I'm just rambling...
What does that mean?

I wana run into him again and really show him whats what now. He got away thinking he MAY have run me down eventually. If you can't catch a goat at low speed, you can't catch one!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
What does that mean?

I wana run into him again and really show him whats what now. He got away thinking he MAY have run me down eventually. If you can't catch a goat at low speed, you can't catch one!
I mean he probably does know much either about his car, or his mods.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Stillen's superchargers for the Z's blow. Overpriced, underpowered. HKS, ATI, and Vortech make good setups though.

On a side note, I could see a 320~whp Z taking a GTO on the highway. Espec an auto one, or one w/ a less than great driver. The 500~lb weight difference accounts for a lot....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my car isn't an auto and Im a pretty decent driver. I think I would have made him regret that 15grand gone wrong

·
Registered
289 Posts
True that, lol. My friend had a Z w/ the Greddy twin kit, and just out of the box, that thing was pretty mean. Made about 360 at the wheels. I used to have a 350Z. An '06 w/ just bolt-ons. Now I've got an '06 GTO. I miss the Z. More fun than my GTO, just quite a bit slower. Both great cars IMO. Just depends on what you want....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts