Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming out of my plan I saw a nice pewter silver S197 with black stripes. As soon as he saw me he jumped on it. I was behind and did the same. Couldn't tell for the short burst who was quicker.

We got onto route 19, a four lane that isn't too good for racing, but we played with each other a bit. They were definately closely matched.

We circled onto 441 from 19 heading towards Orlando and both got onto it. My easy kill faded, I could now hear the whine from the supercharger. I stayed even with him till he made his 2-3 shift and I edged up a bit and held till we let off at about 90.

Al little further down the road we went at it again. His car was definately stronger than mine. From 30 to just short of a 100 he pulled about 1.5-2 cars on me.

Nice guy. He flashed his lights and we chatted a bit at a light. His best is a 12.0 1/4 mile and he said he had 450 to the wheels. That number sounds a bit high, but if you think a GT500 has 435 and can't run the time he has, it might be right.

Props to the pewter Ford for the clean kill.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to see the guy again. He was coming out of a residential area near me and I have seen the car before so he either lives near me or knows and visits someone.

I'm definately going to check it out if I get the chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts