Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I was on "vacation" for the last couple of days and while I was gone I got into a bit of action. I was cruising the local strip and one of the locals stop me and we start b.s.'n. He's got a Camaro with minor bolt-ons and he wants to run so we find a place and I stomp 'em! I was surprised, it wasn't that big of a challenge.....anyway, he tells me that he's got this friend with a Saleen that is supposed to be "the badass". So, of course I tell him I'll be back that evening to partake in a little street race. I get there and low and behold a 03-04 Saleen, black and supercharged! We exchange pleasantries and line up. From a rolling start (maybe 10mph) he pulls me a full car and at around 90 or so I reel him in and we're dead even! We let off go back and run from a 20mph punch, we hit it and I pull him by half a car and he never catches me to 125mph!! Needless to say he's pissed and supposedly he's got this friend that has a twin turbo Z06 that's 125 miles away... I was very excited and we left to go back home! I must say this is my proudest kill of all!! :cheers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
All those goofy Saleen bodywork boltons have got to have lousy aero numbers. The only thing really fast about Saleens are their depreciation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just watch the ones with the KB superchargers. There are a few around here that are wicked fast.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have seen mustangs with KB superchargers put 415hp to the wheel, course this guy was on his second motor after blowing up the first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
I have seen mustangs with KB superchargers put 415hp to the wheel, course this guy was on his second motor after blowing up the first.
There's a Cobra around here that is putting down 800+ at the tires. Of course it's more than just the supercharger, as he also backed it up by beefing up the rest of the engine too. Still scarey numbers for a 4.6 liter engine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
GTODEALER said:
As most of you know I was on "vacation" for the last couple of days and while I was gone I got into a bit of action. I was cruising the local strip and one of the locals stop me and we start b.s.'n. He's got a Camaro with minor bolt-ons and he wants to run so we find a place and I stomp 'em! I was surprised, it wasn't that big of a challenge.....anyway, he tells me that he's got this friend with a Saleen that is supposed to be "the badass". So, of course I tell him I'll be back that evening to partake in a little street race. I get there and low and behold a 03-04 Saleen, black and supercharged! We exchange pleasantries and line up. From a rolling start (maybe 10mph) he pulls me a full car and at around 90 or so I reel him in and we're dead even! We let off go back and run from a 20mph punch, we hit it and I pull him by half a car and he never catches me to 125mph!! Needless to say he's pissed and supposedly he's got this friend that has a twin turbo Z06 that's 125 miles away... I was very excited and we left to go back home! I must say this is my proudest kill of all!! :cheers
Hopefully, one day, I will get my turn. :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts