Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 06' GTO after driving a stang for 7 years, well as I'm rolling down the street I slam the pedal reaching 5k Rpms and bam car stops accel. And gauges says safety mode- reduced performance and the check engine comes and stays on! Help please, thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Go to your local Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone. They read OBDII for free. They will give you a code and you can look it up online.

Good Luck though man

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Julie's went into safemode when the ABS sensor failed I think also... but there are so many things that could be the issue you really won't know until you have the code checked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to your local Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone. They read OBDII for free. They will give you a code and you can look it up online.

Good Luck though man
I have a reader and it sending out this code p1516, but didn't get a chance to look it up. I can go any faster than 20mph and 1st gear. Not cool

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance.

Clear the code. If it comes back either your Throttle Position Sensor or Throttle Actuator is bad.

Question: Was your T/C on when you floored it? Just curious....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance.

Clear the code. If it comes back either your Throttle Position Sensor or Throttle Actuator is bad.

Question: Was your T/C on when you floored it? Just curious....
The T/C was off the time it's happened I cleared the SES and then it happens again as I was jumping on freeway yeaturday

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Well if the code comes back you'll probably have to take it to the dealer. Based on your answer it doesn't apply here but my question about the T/C has to do with the fact that almost everytime I've heard of anyone doing burnouts with the T/C on they've ended up with that code.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts