Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i cranked up the goat and got a song. the display said safty mode reduced performance. and i c the engine light on. what does this mean. any one have this problem b4. i have 7500 miles on her :willy: could it be the pedal sensor that i keep hearing about in the 05's? waiting on my salesman to call some people to see what needs to be done. (service is closed already and may be closed on monday to :willy: ) i will keep u peeps informed as it unfolds :rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
You have the same problem I had.

I have a 2005 GTO - it's a problem with the pedal sensor. You will have to take it into get the sensor replaced.

I would get that display every now and again. I could disconnect the battery and clear it, and it would be fine. But, after a while, it would happen more and more often.

The good thing is that the part was here locally and my dealership replaced it in one day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had the safety mode / reduced performance thing happen to me twice, once around 300 miles, then the computer had to be replaced, and again at 650 miles, then the throttle body had to be replaced, got almost 2600 miles now, and she's been running great...now.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StangStalker said:
I had the safety mode / reduced performance thing happen to me twice, once around 300 miles, then the computer had to be replaced, and again at 650 miles, then the throttle body had to be replaced, got almost 2600 miles now, and she's been running great...now.
well i hope its over for me

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
SJAndrew said:
Yes - it has nothing to do with the transmission.

Also, I was able to make it stop by re-starting the car a couple times. this does NOT solve the problem. Make sure and take it to the dealer and get it fixed.
i will take it to them i hope the light come back on so they can read some codes and fix it.on wednesday i will pick up my new 06 pontic sv6 that i won for playing the onstar hotbutton game :party:

·
Registered
160 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
i will take it to them i hope the light come back on so they can read some codes and fix it.on wednesday i will pick up my new 06 pontic sv6 that i won for playing the onstar hotbutton game :party:
The light doesn't have to be on for them to pull codes - it's stored in the ECM.

When mine was fixed and diagnosed, the light was not on (it drove there like normal).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive had continuous problems with my pedal sensor, I believe theyve replaced it a couple of times and then they replaced the ecm. I am currently dealing with Pontiac's Customer Dis-Service in the attempt to resell it to them. Rome wasnt built in a day...

·
Registered
531 Posts
My sensor went out last night. I've got a Grand Prix for a few days now cause there was no way I was gonna drive in limp-mode. The dealer called this morning and told me they found 1, but if they weren't the first to attempt ordering it, it could be weeks on backorder.... :rolleyes:

Is there any recourse I can take if the repair takes over a certain amount of time? I realize I have a loaner, but I'm making a payment for a GTO.... So far the dealership's been very nice.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The_Goat said:
My sensor went out last night. I've got a Grand Prix for a few days now cause there was no way I was gonna drive in limp-mode. The dealer called this morning and told me they found 1, but if they weren't the first to attempt ordering it, it could be weeks on backorder.... :rolleyes:

Is there any recourse I can take if the repair takes over a certain amount of time? I realize I have a loaner, but I'm making a payment for a GTO.... So far the dealership's been very nice.
keep all your invoice and give them time. it took them 2 weeks to get my pedal in.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pedal Sensor

EEZ GOAT said:
keep all your invoice and give them time. it took them 2 weeks to get my pedal in.
You'd think that with so many of these things going bad, GTO dealers would be a little proactive and order a few to have on hand....But that's probably against most dealers' ethics, I guess! :confused

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.