Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have called numerous dealers to order the SAP front bumper. First of all they cant find a part # for it and then when they finally figure out what I'm talking about they tell me it's "un orderable" WTF I didnt think it was going to be this difficult! Can you guy's/girl's help me out here? Mine's on the right. I want one like the one on the left.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I never got a part # , they say it doesnt have one! I'm starting to feel like I just dont know the "secret hand shake" or something :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
05_HUMBLER said:
No I never got a part # , they say it doesnt have one! I'm starting to feel like I just dont know the "secret hand shake" or something :willy:
i'd be thinking the same thing. Do they expect you to believe that GM would mass produce an optioned part and not assign a part number to it? It's not exactly one-off. :rolleyes:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,433 Posts
05_HUMBLER said:
I have called numerous dealers to order the SAP front bumper. First of all they cant find a part # for it and then when they finally figure out what I'm talking about they tell me it's "un orderable" WTF I didnt think it was going to be this difficult! Can you guy's/girl's help me out here? Mine's on the right. I want one like the one on the left.
You're in Luck Humbler I happen to have the instructions for front facia. Here are some part numbers:

Font Facia extension : Part # 8896773
Rear Facia: Part # 88967734
Upper Grille Inserts: Part # 8896374

I read those numbers off of the manual. Don't let your dealer B.S. you that they are incorrect. I have them. If they can't find them now by typing in those numbers then they are incompetent.

I can't find the part # for the rockers and the rear spoiler grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. GM was kind enough to send the installation instructions for the Buick Lacrosse spoiler though :confused

Hope this helps you out :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
So is the rear fascia a bumper cover or a replacement for the stock bumper? I'd like to see an 04 with the 05 rear fascia, and i'm wondering how possible that is.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,433 Posts
CrabhartLSX said:
So is the rear fascia a bumper cover or a replacement for the stock bumper? I'd like to see an 04 with the 05 rear fascia, and i'm wondering how possible that is.
The rear facia is a complete replacement. It's completely different than the one that comes with the car.

The rear facias from 05'-06' should fit the 04' however the 04's had the exhaust out the one side where as the exhausts on the 05-06's exit both sides. You would have to modify the exhaust system on the 04' for it to mate up to the rear facia's of 05-06'. I'd keep my eye on Ebay, every now and then you can find one on there for bid. I parted out the parts that came with my car piece by piece and recouped about half the cost of the SAP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guy's are great! I was going out of my mind, I couldnt believe what they were telling me. Thanks JUDGE! :cheers I owe you one. I will call my dealer Monday am and give him that pt # . He'll probley ask me where I got the # like it's "TOP SECRET" I wonder why it's so difficult to get the pt # for the individual parts of the SAP package? They probley want you to buy the whole package!? I dont know:confused Thanks again to all :seeya:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top