Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here. Am purchasing an '06 GTO (torrid red/red interior auto) within the next 7 days and was wondering if any of you could answer two questions.

First concerns the Sports Appearance Package. I just love the sound of the GTO. So if I buy the SAP how does the sound of the car change with the new mufflers? How would you describe the change in sound? For those of you who have the SAP on your GTO's do you like it more than the stock sound?

Next is a warranty question. K&N makes air jet kits for the GTO. Do these void the warranty? They claim an additional 14 HP but if it voids the warranty I wont bother.

Any help appreciated and yes I realize there are more than two questions ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
GLaz38 said:
Hi all, first post here. Am purchasing an '06 GTO (torrid red/red interior auto) within the next 7 days and was wondering if any of you could answer two questions.

First concerns the Sports Appearance Package. I just love the sound of the GTO. So if I buy the SAP how does the sound of the car change with the new mufflers? How would you describe the change in sound? For those of you who have the SAP on your GTO's do you like it more than the stock sound?

Next is a warranty question. K&N makes air jet kits for the GTO. Do these void the warranty? They claim an additional 14 HP but if it voids the warranty I wont bother.

Any help appreciated and yes I realize there are more than two questions ;)

The sound of the SAP exhaust IS unnoticeably different. It has a deeper rumble and is more "throaty." The notes coming from the exhausts are a bit louder as well. The exhaust does more popping on acceleration and deceleration than it does from the stock exhaust. Incidentally the warranty on the SAP is the same as the car.

Best way to describe the sound is that it reminds me of the cherry bombs of the 70's.

I noticed it the first time I started the car after the SAP was installed.

As far as the voiding of the warranty, I am not sure but I would doubt it would void the warranty. That is not a major mod. I'd ask the dealer just to be sure though........Congrats on your purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.