Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my antenna mounted on the roof of my goat and noticed that it scratched the hell out of the paint. Where did you guys put your? I have tried putting it in the corner of the dash against the windshield, but it cut out a lot. I also tried putting it on the top of the windshield right behind the rear view mirror. It works great on my drive to work, but does not get a signal anywhere around a 5 mile radius of my house. Please help!:willy:

·
Registered
850 Posts
jortegasr said:
I had my antenna mounted on the roof of my goat and noticed that it scratched the hell out of the paint. Where did you guys put your? I have tried putting it in the corner of the dash against the windshield, but it cut out a lot. I also tried putting it on the top of the windshield right behind the rear view mirror. It works great on my drive to work, but does not get a signal anywhere around a 5 mile radius of my house. Please help!:willy:
I put mine here....

Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle Car

·
Registered
222 Posts
jortegasr said:
You didn't mention if XM or Sirius - I think they may work different. In my case I subscribe to XM and the antenna has always remained inside the vehicle. The rear speaker covers are magnetic and it works fine just laying it on top of the grille , if you prefer more hidden : I use the little metal piece behind the rear seat headrests that is accessed when headrest is all the way up. Then lower the headrest and it conceals the antenna. I use the Roady XT in a wireless FM mod. and by work I mean 3 bars with no cutout unless I enter a tunnel... Hope that helps.:)

edit : the view of the sky is thru the rearview window and thru non-metallic 15% tint...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put my Sirius antenna under the black plastic cover above the HVAC controls and hazard button. There's plenty of room and I get perfect reception. No need to put the antenna outside the car. I could not get reception on the rear deck by the speakers because I have tint.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LBgto said:
I put my Sirius antenna under the black plastic cover above the HVAC controls and hazard button. There's plenty of room and I get perfect reception. No need to put the antenna outside the car. I could not get reception on the rear deck by the speakers because I have tint.
great idea. I will try putting it there this weekend.
Thanks to everybody for the ideas.:cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
put mine on rear shelf inside car by sub.....works fine
BGOOD That's the same place I put mine. You can hardley see it and it works great. I just wish I put it there in the first place. I had it on the trunk lid at first. I moved it because I was worried about getting scratches. Later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.