Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I live in San Diego and am an "A" body car fan. I have a 68 Chevelle and just bought a 68 GTO from the original owner. The GTO is all original 400/360hp with a close ratio 4 speed and Hurst shifter. I pick it up in 2 weeks. I post some photos of it when I get back to San Diego.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 68GreenGoat.
I am looking forward to seeing it in person when I pick it up. I just had PHS fax me the sheet on the car vin. Built in Fremont CA. Still has the rear black plate and always registered with CA DMV. The build sheet shows it is a 4-speed close ratio with a safety track rear end. Has a push button radio with a manual antenna, retractable headlight covers, outside remote mirror, rally gauges in the dash, deluxe wheel discs, bucket seats, power steering 77 x 14 Red standard GTO tires. The original spare is still in the trunk and has never touched the road. The pictures so some light surface rust on the outside. My father-in-law serviced the car in Northern CA and the owner called him last week wanting to sell it. I was shocked to get that call. Anyways, the car was primavera beige and was repainted solar red. Not sure what color to keep it when I repaint. There are so many great looking cars on the site it's hard to choose. I need to order a reproduction for the front. Anyone know where I might find the build sheet? I know it was never removed from the car.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
............... Anyone know where I might find the build sheet? I know it was never removed from the car.

Cheers

Steve

Try these locations ...
on top of the gas tank,
between trunk floor and tank (hard to check there),
on top of glove box under dash.
shoved into front seat springs
inside the front left fender under bonnet down past firewall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tambo. I will check in those areas when I get the car back to San Diego. I found the build sheet to my 68 Chevelle under the dirty green carpet during it's restro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
68 GTO Photos

Hi guys, here are the photos. I'm looking at doing a frame off. Still trying to decifer the head codes. Loaded the photos but they are not approved yet.

Cheers

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
The car looks to be in great shape!!! The build sheet should be attached to the springs, under the rear seat bottom......:cheers WELCOME, Eric

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice purchase, I am in San Diego also. Good luck with your project.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Sir, you and FlambeauHO should get together on a high volume discount for paint. Of course I recommend verdoro green. Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts