Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I would have never thought of this. SCARY. I'm taking my quick release off.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I leave the shop unlocked... I have alternative methods not the least of which include...

Great for zombies, raptors, zombie raptors, and of course thieves.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The moment the door is raised my alarm would go off..........

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I would have never thought of this. SCARY. I'm taking my quick release off.
Looks like that might not be possible, but it does look like you could disable the quick release. On the ones I've looked at there is a return spring on that lever that could be replaced with a "U" or a I_I shaped rod that will 'lock' the quick release.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
My garages have the safety bar that goes into the slot in side I think I will be using them more often.

When I had the Goat Lair built I did so with no windows in the structure including the door to help with security. Access door is dead bolted. That video shows windows. Would be difficult to jimmy the latch blindly and would take a while to
unlatch, but if they want in they'll get in.

Thanks for the VID

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Mine has a provision to lock it with a pin/bolt. That will be happening very soon !!
Thanks for the eye-opener ;). I never thought of that as a way in.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
1st , the screaming and tearing of flesh...followed by 15 rounds of hollow point 9mm....and then the mercyful release of death!:willy::shutme Rusty weighs 40 lbs (1st pic)
So THAT'S how you came up with your userid........:lol:

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
My garages have the safety bar that goes into the slot in side I think I will be using them more often.

When I had the Goat Lair built I did so with no windows in the structure including the door to help with security. Access door is dead bolted. That video shows windows. Would be difficult to jimmy the latch blindly and would take a while to
unlatch, but if they want in they'll get in.

Thanks for the VID
I have the same setup for a safety bar. I don't have windows either. It is an eyeopener, however. The wrong people see this vid, lookout!

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Rusty Raccoon? What happened to Rocky???
You're OLD....:lol:.....I had forgotten about that stupid song and now it's gonna be in my head for DAYS..........:willy:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
SKS with a 30 round clip. I have one of those.........

Oh yeah. Unfortunately, it does'nt shoot itself if your not home.

My door opener does'nt have a provision to put a lock pin in the quick disconnect so I improvised and took off the pull cord and used one zip tie to secure the release lever. ;) easy and cheap.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Eric, you have an attack raccoon? Now, that goose looks scary, I have seen those bad boys get nasty.
Great link, I don't have windows, so that would be tricky to catch the latch.
Here's my security system, it's funny I haven't had any problems with theives. Cody is Akita/Chow, Smoke is Pit/lab.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts