Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I raced my GTO today.... What a blast.

Out of 18 cars I took 5th overall. the road course had 3 slalom's with some real tight turns.

Cars that beat me:

1st -- 05' Lotus Elise
2nd -- 02' Corvette
3rd -- 04' Audi TT
4th -- 98' Corvette
5th -- 05' GTO (ME :cool )

Cars I beat.... a few Corvettes, Subara WRX's, Porsche 914, Mustangs, etc.

In the Pro Class there were 2 Modded Z06's and a 427 Cobra that were just unbelievably fast. I would post times but it wouldn't mean anything since you can't see the track.

FYI -- I have the Hotchkis Sway Bars which are a vast improvement over stock.

If you haven't run in the SCCA Solo, give it a try.. I am now addicted :party:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....

When I got there most said "the car should do OK in a straight line, but on a course you'll be really slow... too heavy". After the race the story changed to helping me find my line for quickest lap time. I was obvious the vette did handle better than me, but my HP pulled me out of the corners quicker. ALot of vette guys wanted to know about my engine.

Alot of lookers and compliments on the GTO too.

My advice if you want to do this:

DO NOT USE THE STOCK RUBBER THAT CAME WITH YOU GTO - get a nice sticky tire.
Upgrade the sway bars
Upgrade the shocks

You'll meet some real nice people there, and they will help you with your skills.

·
Registered
364 Posts
LS2FAST said:
And its all downhill from there... :lol:

Congrats on your success at the track. Have fun out there. I know I have. :cheers

·
Registered
115 Posts
LS2FAST said:
Well, I raced my GTO today.... What a blast.

Out of 18 cars I took 5th overall. the road course had 3 slalom's with some real tight turns.

Cars that beat me:

1st -- 05' Lotus Elise
2nd -- 02' Corvette
3rd -- 04' Audi TT
4th -- 98' Corvette
5th -- 05' GTO (ME :cool )

Cars I beat.... a few Corvettes, Subara WRX's, Porsche 914, Mustangs, etc.

In the Pro Class there were 2 Modded Z06's and a 427 Cobra that were just unbelievably fast. I would post times but it wouldn't mean anything since you can't see the track.

FYI -- I have the Hotchkis Sway Bars which are a vast improvement over stock.

Sounds like fun. Its nice you come in 5th. Was there any other GTO's? The lotus must handle very well, because I know it has the least horsepower. Congrats. :cheers :cool

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No other GTO's... and yes the Lotus is like a go cart out there not alot of power but it handles well. I am staring to envy the vette guys a little as it seems with little money they can get the car to handle extremely well. I am moving into the STU class, I think that will be a good venue for the GTO.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mods are listed in my signature. You should try STU, you can do more things, except tires are limited to Street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts