Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. My name is Ryne and I'm the marketing guy at Schwartz Performance in Woodstock, IL. We are nearing completion of a 1964 GTO Pro-Touring build and I wanted to get your opinions on the build!

The car as we got it. Nicely restored with a BBC in it.

The Schwartz Performance bolt-in chassis that is going under the car.

Completed mini-tub installation.

Forgeline S03P wheels with blind screw option

The Schwartz Performance built 650hp LS7 and Tremec T56 mounted in the rolling chassis. This chassis has been equipped with QA1 coil-over suspension and Baer brakes.

Body mounted onto chassis with new Forgeline wheels.

The LS7 mounted with LS2 engine covers adapted to it to promote the sleeper look.

You can follow the rest of the build at this page.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love it!
Since you asked for opinions:
Maybe the same size torque thrusts instead of the Forgelines.
I'm a little old school, but I would have gone with a true Pontiac engine and a 5 speed.
Love the chassis setup.

Have fun!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
68greengoat: This is one of the forums we are heavily considering advertising on. :cool

crustysack: Since we are not supporting vendors I'm not going to post prices here. Send me an email or PM with what parts you want prices on and I'll let you know. I don't want to step on toes after my first post.

Silver69GTO: Everything on the car was picked by the customer. I personally think it looks a LOT better in person than in the photos. The other reason it has a LSx engine...that's our specialty! :D The chassis is a Schwartz Performance unit. Designed and engineered in house and built 100% in the USA!

To the people who said they didn't like the GTO in the poll: Why? We're always looking for constructive criticism.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
To the people who said they didn't like the GTO in the poll: Why? We're always looking for constructive criticism.
I love it but perhaps those who don't are pruists. We had a lot of those on the Datsun site site I was on before I sold my Z and bought the GTO. If they truly are purists, you'll never change their minds. I'd like to do something like that to my Grand Prix but really wouldn't need that kind of power.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
There's nothing wrong with swapping to a modern motor. At least its a "corporate" motor, and not an SBC/BBC. Pontiac blocks are harder to come by every day, and their mainstream support has really dwindled, unfortunately.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Silver69GTO: Everything on the car was picked by the customer. I personally think it looks a LOT better in person than in the photos. The other reason it has a LSx engine...that's our specialty! :D The chassis is a Schwartz Performance unit. Designed and engineered in house and built 100% in the USA!
Excellent! You're giving the customer what they want so the car is perfect.
Everyone (including me) will want to suggest their own personal tastes for the car but, ultimately, it's built to the owners tastes.
He or she has excellent taste and the workmanship looks spot on.
Post photos here when it's done so some of us (me) can drool over it.:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's nothing wrong with swapping to a modern motor. At least its a "corporate" motor, and not an SBC/BBC. Pontiac blocks are harder to come by every day, and their mainstream support has really dwindled, unfortunately.
Butler Performance - IA2 PONTIAC ENGINE BLOCKS
New Indian blocks have been produced for a few years now.
Not cheap, but for a purist, we don't mind spending extra..........that is, if and when the seasoned Pontiac blocks become non existent.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
What's not to like?.......:cheers

:agree, but I'm a "resto mod" kind of guy. The folks that love original will probably not like it. To each his own. By the way, you should try the AirRide Technologies system on a build. I had that system installed and its unbelievable (bigger front a back sway bars, four-link, stronger control arms, air shocks, etc.). A 1960s muscle car that handles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:agree, but I'm a "resto mod" kind of guy. The folks that love original will probably not like it. To each his own. By the way, you should try the AirRide Technologies system on a build. I had that system installed and its unbelievable (bigger front a back sway bars, four-link, stronger control arms, air shocks, etc.). A 1960s muscle car that handles.
We offer Air-Ride components on our cars. It is one of the many options that are available on our chassis.

Rukee: We build many LS engines every year for customers, from 400-1,000+HP. Most of our higher powered motors start as LS2s or LS7s.

·
Registered
855 Posts
OUTSTANDING!!!! Love it but I am a 64 guy. I shaved the emblem off my hood also. Hope the owner doesn't think he has a one only hood cause I have seen 4 others like that. One is on a ole Dennis Kirban 64! Les

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, that's one of the cleanest firewalls I've seen!!! :eek:
Every car we get into the shop as a project gets the Schwartz smoothing treatment. If you look at our site you'll see we've even smoothed entire engine bays before, most notably in a 1970 Dodge Dart project car. It makes it a lot easier to mount things and gives a MUCH cleaner look.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts