• No.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Excellent workmanship and execution of the job. This project shows the spirit and heart of American ingenuity regarding hotrodding. Innovative, and creative. That said, about the only thing 1964 GTO on the car is some sheetmetal. Sort of like a 350/350/9 '32 Ford streetrod. Me, I'd rather have an original '32 Ford or an original GTO, with all of their quirks and problems. It's what they were, and how they were built. It reflects the time and age when they were new. True time machines. Still, if you have to have handling, braking, comfort, and modern conveniences, a "grand touring" like this one is a great option! Well done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Excellent workmanship and execution of the job. This project shows the spirit and heart of American ingenuity regarding hotrodding. Innovative, and creative. That said, about the only thing 1964 GTO on the car is some sheetmetal. Sort of like a 350/350/9 '32 Ford streetrod. Me, I'd rather have an original '32 Ford or an original GTO, with all of their quirks and problems. It's what they were, and how they were built. It reflects the time and age when they were new. True time machines. Still, if you have to have handling, braking, comfort, and modern conveniences, a "grand touring" like this one is a great option! Well done.
While it's true this car is hardly a GTO anymore, it is still a piece of American automotive history. We've just kind of change what section of the history books the muscle car should be filed under. It is no longer a period that has come and gone, it is now a period that rose, got knocked back by circumstances, and has now come back as strong as ever. If our workload for the rest of the year is any indication, the economy isn't hurting the muscle car world this time around :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Just a small little update for you guys.....

Custom stainless steel exhaust is installed

Held together with V-Band clamps

Gotta protect them tips! Note the custom gas tank too. Nice and clean, just like the rest of the car.

Nice clean look out back

Exhaust hangers fabricated in house

21 - 31 of 31 Posts