Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what the Scion name is of the little two door that kind of looks like the first gen Saturns of the 90's, but anyways, I was coming home from work today, merged out onto the interstate, and I see this little car come flying up behind me to my left in the fast lane.

He got about a half car in front of me, just enough for me to see his giant fat obnoxious fart can buzzing away, and that was enough for me, I punched it. We were going right at 80 when I took off, I was supprised to see he partially (and I use the term partially loosely) hung with me to 95-100, then I watched the road for a few seconds, making sure there were no cars ahead, next thing I know, I'm running 120, I quickly glance in the rearview to see where he's at, and he's so far back then he just kind of blended in with all the traffic behind me and I wasn't even sure which one was him, lol.

It either petered out around 100 or he just gave up once he found out he wasn't running against a G5, G6, Sunfire, or God knows what else these riceboys mistake our cars for. I know it's not a kill to hang on my mantle, but it's a notch in the belt just the same. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
XB is a box, XA is just plain hideous and I doubt you would even bother looking at it twice. The TC is sporty looking and probably what you ran. Nice first car;however, not fast.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I ran a TC on the way out to Cali with my Cavalier. Even with over 500 lbs of junk in the Cavalier I beat him to my rev limiter, 108-110. If he didn't have the TRD supercharger he just wanted to se you fly.

By the way Dusty, I ran across the bridge to Mobile that you top end run on, on my way to Cali. You got guts. Lots of guts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
LS2 Goats posting kills on itty bitty economy cars that are not even in Civic Si territory? Is this the DSM forum? Whats up with that?? :confused

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way Dusty, I ran across the bridge to Mobile that you top end run on, on my way to Cali. You got guts. Lots of guts.
That's probably the only place on earth outside of an enclosed track where I feel safe enough to do something like that. When I got my goat last summer, it took a dozen trips back and forth across the bay before I finally realized how safe it was as far as no cops being able to get you, nobody being able to merge on and pull out in front of you, and no worries of wildlife way up there (deer, gators, etc.). The ONLY thing I fear on that stretch at that speed is...... a semi truck's retread. :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well we've all heard the stories of SC/SS Cobalts beating up on LS1/LS2 GTO's, SRT8's, and Mustang GT's. Well now that GM (GMPD) will build a Turbo Charged Cobalt SS, I think those enthusiast will be alot closer to toppling the big boys....

http://www.cobaltss.net/cobalt_ss_turbocharged/

For those that want to check:

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2530096
I think they are mostly BS and we hardly have anything to worry about:

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28685

I can only imagine how much track prep and weight reduction goes into these cars, only to post trap speeds that we do, stock.

It's better than the Civic, but no threat.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Honestly I don't even waste my time running anything that sounds annoying. Not saying that they can't or won't be any competition but most of the time they just want to see you get on it. My lasts freeway races were against Porsches (2 Carrera 4S), BMWs (Braubus package) and Benz's (AMG). I have yet to lose to any of them but I'm sure that day is coming. Once my engine is reinstalled and retuned I may have to put some of them on the ignore list too. :D

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Honestly I don't even waste my time running anything that sounds annoying. Not saying that they can't or won't be any competition but most of the time they just want to see you get on it. My lasts freeway races were against Porsches (2 Carrera 4S), BMWs and Benz's (AMG)(Brabus package). I have yet to lose to any of them but I'm sure that day is coming. Once my engine is reinstalled and retuned I may have to put some of them on the ignore list too. :D
There you go dogg.:D

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
There you go dogg.:D
Thanks fool!:eek: I was thinking of the Mercedes CLS and the BMW 6 series at the same time. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to run a C6 Z06 one day. That will be my ultimate challenge. If I can beat or even hang with one I'll go into racing retirement... NOT!!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Thanks fool!:eek: I was thinking of the Mercedes CLS and the BMW 6 series at the same time. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to run a C6 Z06 one day. That will be my ultimate challenge. If I can beat or even hang with one I'll go into racing retirement... NOT!!
We aren't far from each other. If you can hang till April or May we can probably arrange something that is safe and fun.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
We aren't far from each other. If you can hang till April or May we can probably arrange something that is safe and fun.
I would like to ride along if you don't mind, I've got to see this. I won't weigh you down too much, I don't weigh no more than a gnat's ass.:)
That will be cool as long as no twisties are involved. I'd like to keep the rubber on the road you know. :D
Yo dawg! Depend on the outcome I might forget about putting a cam and maggie on the Goat and sell a kidney for a C6Z06.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Scion Tc

I am not sure why most of these guys think their cars are fast. I have been challenged by more Tc's then anything else. For the most part I haven't been in anything really challenging. I had a 300 SRT8 flex on me at about 80mph. I nailed it and walked on him to about 140 then backed off to let him catch up. I got schooled by a Mustang SVT Cobra. From 80 to 100... I did ok too about 100 then he walked on my to around 140 then I backed down and he kept going.

Any way, back the the Scion... Here is a link to a Scion that I wouldn't wanna go against... http://www.nittotire.com/#index.microsite.scion_tc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts