Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of RAR ceramic coated D-port oversize manifolds with down pipes for 350.00. Now if i could only stumble across a set of good used Eddy heads...:D

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Congrats. I have been 'on the lurk' for a set of used aluminum heads for the past year or so, with no luck. Most of the ones I find are hogged out to over 300 cfm, very expensive, and ill suited for my little 389. I may pull the plug and buy a set of KRE's for the '65, but I'm just a little too thrifty (cheap) to pull the trigger......

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Congrats. I have been 'on the lurk' for a set of used aluminum heads for the past year or so, with no luck. Most of the ones I find are hogged out to over 300 cfm, very expensive, and ill suited for my little 389. I may pull the plug and buy a set of KRE's for the '65, but I'm just a little too thrifty (cheap) to pull the trigger......
I wouldn't recommend ever buying used aluminum heads for a street car. As you said they are usually modded or trashed and honestly no one sells a good set of heads, they keep them.

Unless you know the complete history or have a professional look them over walk away.....Not to mention they are usually only a little cheaper than you can buy new. :cheers

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the machine shop quoted me 1,499.00 for a set of D-port eddie's when i ordered two sets he realized that was a per head cost...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts