Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Allright, love my 04 black M6, let me girlfriend borrow it since her car was in the shop. Apparently she needed to parallel park somewhere and scraped the rims on the curb. I am assuming the only way to repair the scrapes is to remove the tire and have the rim edges buffed down. Any other thoughts? Trading in the girlfriend is not an option.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2cents worth,

Check with your local dealers (any make) and ask who in the area refinishes wheels.

I dropped my Goat at the stealership at 9AM on Friday and they called me at 3:30PM to say both front wheels were refinished. Turns out, there is a guy in a van servicing all the local shops in Pittsburgh.
He does his magic in the Van. Stealership showed $75.00 a rim for paperwork, but they bought. ('Cuz they screwed up 3 wheels on the ground and the tire machine. The tirejockey peeled the paint mounting the tires, dented the spokes with the "gun", and dragged one wheel on it's face.)

·
Registered
356 Posts
bsmcall said:
My 2cents worth,

Check with your local dealers (any make) and ask who in the area refinishes wheels.

I dropped my Goat at the stealership at 9AM on Friday and they called me at 3:30PM to say both front wheels were refinished. Turns out, there is a guy in a van servicing all the local shops in Pittsburgh.
He does his magic in the Van. Stealership showed $75.00 a rim for paperwork, but they bought. ('Cuz they screwed up 3 wheels on the ground and the tire machine. The tirejockey peeled the paint mounting the tires, dented the spokes with the "gun", and dragged one wheel on it's face.)
I know Wal-Mart hires 'tards, but now Pontiac dealers too? :confused

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.