Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 GTO blew out its original right rear tire only after 12k miles. I did not know whether this was from the strut rub issue, however it was later determined that a screw was in the tire. After thinking "thank god it was not the strut issue" I drove my injured GTO to the tire center to have two rear tires put on. When the car was on the hoist, I noticed that the front tires were wearing only on the interior. I then looked at the struts and the front left strut was leaking substantially. I am due to take my baby to the dealership on Monday. Any advice on what demands can be made, what to be aware of(besides the obvious)? I know that I will make them pay for the alignment that was needed in order for the front tires not to wear down and the replacement of the front strut assembly. I have also had this car in the shop three times for them to attempt to replace the shifter because it rattles significantly. A $33k new car should not be giving these types of problems before the first year! I am extremely pissed off that GM is not taking a proactive approach to this problem. WTF :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hope you make out better than me i took my 06 back a month ago because i noticed the tire had rubbed on the strut at one time with only 7500 miles.I offered to buy a peddars front end set up if they would install but declined stating that only factory parts will installed under warranty.A smaller rod connected to the front strut can be moved up and down in the play of the bushings,how could this be normal.When i mentioned the gto,s on going problem with the struts they said it was news to them and they are a pontiac dealer so i guess it depends on your dealer and if they are interested in a return costumer so good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts