Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started a new thread, but this came off of a previous one where someone commented on Seafoam. I of course want to baby my new goat, and I really have no reason to think my relatively recently rebuilt 400 has any buildup, but even so have been told by co-workers that dumping a 16oz can of SeaFoam in with the next fill up will "neutralize" any water, somehow break down Ethanol, and just make my engine really happy. I was on board and spent $11.99 at my local Napa and was ready to dump it in...... But then, someone mentioned that I better plan on a BUNCH of white smoke! And poking around, others have said that too, but still others say no. I really don't want white smoke for the entirety of this tank, and the cruises I have upcoming! Also Red line was recommended, but Napa didn't carry that, so I got sucked into the Seafoam.

Any opinions on this? Lots of white smoke? I'm about ready to return it and find the Redline I should have in the first place when a smart person recommended it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
When used correctly I've never experienced white smoke out the exhaust from using Sea Foam.
1oz/gal to maintain, 2/oz gal for know issues or first time use.
Look at Active Topics-Car Stalled for more info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've used Seafoam in the gas tank without smoke issue, just do it with the tank fairly full. You can also use the product directly into the intake via a vacuum feed into the manifold itself--- you WILL get smoke when you do that, lots of it. Alleged to clean out all manner of gunk but some say the smoke is the Seafoam itself rather than just carbon build-up etc. Check out opinions online and if you go for it make sure you follow the instructions for the manifold method, pour it with a small funnel, slowly! Don't just tip it all down the carb' throat.I did mine out in a remote area of the California desert, no neighbors calling the fire dept' out there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would never let a can of sea foam within 20 feet of any vehicle i own...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts