Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to locate my 1968 GTO that I traded in for a new family car in 1977 near Waukegan Illinois. I had the car almost 10 years & would not have let it go but size of family made it a must @ that time in my life! So far I tracked down an Illinois title online but no owner info. Title number is T7134315016 with VIN number 242378P212494. I am very interested in contacting current owner. This GTO was ordered from Detroit and built with specific add on assessories for me! This car could still be in the Chicago metro area. If any one can put me in touch with current title holder I would be greatly appreciative!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Good luck locating your GTO...I don't recall seeing one in that color at any of the local shows but it is always possible that the newer owner repainted her...welcome...

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bill,

Thanks for your posting. You are correct in that it could be repainted. Color choices would be limited with the turquoise interior unless it was a complete restore with interior color changes too! Spoke with State of Illinois Title Office & they cannot release name or address listed on title. So I guess I will have to keep searching. Again thanks for your posting & the welcome to this forum.

Dave
USAF Retired

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Thank you for your Service Dave...did the Illinois Secretary of State tell you at least that your car IS still in Illinois???

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill,

No they have not told me that yet! Although the online site for the State Title Office reflected last Illinois title was issued in May 1997 I guess it could have been resold to an out of state buyer. I am still hoping that it is still in the Chicago Metro area. I am going to contact the title office one last time to see if they will at least provide the Illinois' county where the car is located according to their current records. With that information I can place a locator blog in a newspaper with the hope that the current owner would contact me. I know this may be a long shot but I will continue the search. Maybe some day soon I might locate it! I have come along way so far & I feel I am getting closer & hot on it's trail!! Take care Bill & thanks for your input.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts