Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I preformed a search with no luck. I am hoping maybe you guys and gals would help me out. I am working on a 64 GTO (my wife's car) and I was wondering about what brand of seat foam stands out from the rest. I'm looking for quality and comfort. Bucket seats. Original 1964. :confused

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the process of doing the seats in my 70 and used ACI foam and Legendary apholstry..got one seat done Sunday and the fit was great..I think it turned out nice concidering I never done this before and used the video on there site for help..
image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I learned the hard way redoing the seats in my car. Originally I bought foam and covers from a certain well known west coast supplier. When one of the front covers split down the seam as I was trying to install it, I sought other options. That's when I found Legendary. The difference in both quality and appearance was incredible. I did use the "original" foams though which turned out to be a mistake. My front seats are only slightly more pleasant to sit than unfinished granite would be. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and replace those foams as well, probably with whatever Legendary sells.

Bear

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I learned the hard way redoing the seats in my car. Originally I bought foam and covers from a certain well known west coast supplier. When one of the front covers split down the seam as I was trying to install it, I sought other options. That's when I found Legendary. The difference in both quality and appearance was incredible. I did use the "original" foams though which turned out to be a mistake. My front seats are only slightly more pleasant to sit than unfinished granite would be. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and replace those foams as well, probably with whatever Legendary sells.

Bear
Know what you mean. Mine was reupholstered with the original foam by previous owners. Looks Great but comfort rivals sitting on a fire hydrant :crazy:. Glad to know about the ACI foam and Legendary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts