Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not given a security card when I Bought my car in Jan. I have heard peaple say that they have found theirs in odd places in their car. Where was yours???? GM Customer service has not been much help. Any places I should look would be appreciated. Thanks :cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
GTOBert said:
I was not given a security card when I Bought my car in Jan. I have heard peaple say that they have found theirs in odd places in their car. Where was yours???? GM Customer service has not been much help. Any places I should look would be appreciated. Thanks :cheers
Security card???? uh? I never got one. hmmmmmm. What exactally is this for? This is new to me.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
GTO judge said:
Security card???? uh? I never got one. hmmmmmm. What exactally is this for? This is new to me.....
It is a small paper card the size of a business card that has your ignition key #, radio PIN, security code, BCM security code, etc. on it. My salesman gave mine directly to me when delivering the car and said to keep it in a safe place outside of the car where I would not lose it. I think you need it if you ever have to get another key.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Called the dealer from where I purchased my GTO and told him I never got a security card. He never heard of one.... He did some research.... they sold 4 GTO's and NONE had the security cards.

He called GM's dealer center and he was informed the cards should be in the plastic pouch the owners manual comes in. None of the cars they sold had that card.

He was able to get me the codes from a website dealers use. I was given the Ignition Key #, Frequency Key#, IMMO Code #, Radio Pin#, and Glovebox code#. That's all the numbers there are I was told.

Why my car did not have the security card is beyond me. If anyone else did not get one, I'd call your dealer, they can get the numbers, but not the card.

·
Registered
119 Posts
AggieGTO said:
It is a small paper card the size of a business card that has your ignition key #, radio PIN, security code, BCM security code, etc. on it. My salesman gave mine directly to me when delivering the car and said to keep it in a safe place outside of the car where I would not lose it. I think you need it if you ever have to get another key.

YEP....................exactly what mine says. Was in the folder I received.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
GTOBert said:
mine was in the glove box in the onwers man

·
Registered
119 Posts

After owning the car for over 2 weeks, talking to the dealer and Pontiac Customer assistance (neither of them acted like they had a clue what I was looking for) I came across my card. It was in the trunk, STAPLED to the bolts that hold the front license plate bracket on. I had seen it numerous times but thought it was instructions about the bracket. I never dreamed it was the security card. Needless to say after what I went through finding it, I made a few copies of it and laminated them!

Roy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found my card after 2 years of owning the car. It was in a desk drawer along with the 2nd set of keys where I put it after bringing the car home. (Dont I feel stupid). I was glad to find it, cause trying to get the info when I thought I didnt have it was immpossible. Thanks:cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey guys;

I didn't get my security card with my 2006 GTO...I am going to see if i can get the information tomorrow. My main question is...if the car's battery fails and I replace it...do I need to enter any of this information?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
hey guys;

I didn't get my security card with my 2006 GTO...I am going to see if i can get the information tomorrow. My main question is...if the car's battery fails and I replace it...do I need to enter any of this information?

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't think so. My thinking is, the guys who disconnected their battery for whatever reason, none have reported their radio being locked when the battery was reconnected. Maybe if the car sits for a period of time the memory will lapse then the pin has to be entered? I think you'll be ok, but getting that card is important for any possible future problems.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hey there guys i dont i ever got ones of these cards maybe it some where in the car those anyone mind showing me how it looks and if i dont have one is it too late to get one since i bought the car in 05. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
The card I believe resembles a credit type card. Mine was missing as well, my dealer made a phone call and the info was faxed to them and then faxed to me.

Call the GM hot line and get the information on this. When they confirm there is a security card, go then to your dealer and request it. Some dealers are ignorant to this. If you get a duh.... there are no cards, present to them the info you got from the GM hotline. 1-800-762-2737

The dealer must call a particular number to obtain this (the number is only for dealers), they will need your VIN.

Don't take NO there are NO cards for an answer. Be persistent.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.