Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My owners manual says I an supposed to have a "Security Card" with numbers for the ignition key, radio PIN, etc. I couldn't find one and the dealer doesn't know how to get one. Can anyone give me some help with this? Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
jhs5ydo said:
My owners manual says I an supposed to have a "Security Card" with numbers for the ignition key, radio PIN, etc. I couldn't find one and the dealer doesn't know how to get one. Can anyone give me some help with this? Thanks

John
They are hard to come by. I have been trying to get one for two guys for about two months now. Have your dealer call their GM rep to get them. BUT even that is not a sure thing.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Even if you cant get a duplicate card, your service dept's warranty administrator can obtain the information (that would be on your card)from GM dealer world and print it out on paper.If they say they cant it's a lie. I do it all the time when I work on a GTO that dosn't have one.:cool

·
Registered
304 Posts
When you do obtain this card make sure you DO NOT leave it in the car or in your wallet. I did not realize the card was put in my owner's manual and my car was broken into the same week that I bought it. We ran out of the house while the guy was sitting in my driver's seat!!! He got so scared that we would have identified him that he dropped the security card and other items on the seat along with other vehicle information that he stole in case we could identify him. The reason why they break into new cars is for this security card so they can bribe the dealership into making them a key and then casually take your car with the key they had made.

SO ANYONE WHO IS NOT AWARE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR CARS TO MAKE SURE THE SECURITY CARD IS NOT IN THE CAR!

·
Registered
103 Posts
:agree

That is where I found my card....In the owners manual pocket.... I just happened across it. I didn't know about the card until I found it, no mention of it by the dealer...

Jake

·
Registered
154 Posts
The dealership handed my card to me when I took delivery.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I purchased my '04 this past Saturday evening. It was late so they weren't able to detail it for me. I took it back today for the detail and while they were cleaning I asked if they could provide second key (only got one at purchase) since they were expensive to purchase. They went in the back and came out with the second key as well as the security card. They didn't mention what it was for or not to keep it in the car. Good thing i'd read this thread last night!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.