Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year's SEMA show is right around the corner. Who from here will be attending this year? I work in product development/engineering/prototyping, so I will have to be there with new prototype parts and I HAVE to go to the big Vegas party. (cry me a river, right?!)
At last year's 2011 show, there was a new Kevin Morgan Designs 6T9 Goat. I searched the threads here and surprisingly couldn't find any mention of it, so I thought I'd share. Sorry if a repost.
(I had nothing at all to do with the design or build, so I'm not plugging it at all. Rather, I'm merely a GTO owner and fan.) People seem to love it or hate it. What do you guys think? I like it. It cost money to play with the big boys and that's okay. I dig on all the original cues tied in with the clean retro styling.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
7 years too late...........

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
When this car was first mentioned for build I was in contact with them. I wanted one. The Camaros were out and with dealer "incentive" actually dealer "rip-u-off" of 20k added to sticker no way was I going to shell out 50+k for a Camaro then another 30-40K for the kit.

80K for this was the rough quote. Even a bargain price of 70K? HAHAHA.

I'd take one but not near what the cost is. I want to drive it. Some moron hits ya then what? It's a shame Pontiac didn't build the new GTO to remotely resemble this.

Realistically? 70K? Most will garage it... why not have a concours '69 Judge?
70K to drive it occasionally? Again, why not have authentic. 70k? to drive it all over? For me not worth the risk. My luck that one person that is out there would introduce him/herself to me at 40mph ruining this. Then on the other hand if I had the money........

Here is a car custom built by a fellow in Canada. This car was on display at the Tri-Power Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio this past August. Was a Sunfire. Tom Demauro from HPP was smitten with this. When we talked about this car he was in awe of it, he asked if I seen the pics of it in process and suggested I look at it... I did... it has to be seen in person to appreciate it. Too bad the new gen GTO's didn't look something like this. Notice the 2006 engine.

For those who get High Performance Pontiac Magazine, it it is to be featured in it.

P1030918.JPG P1030917.JPG

P1030916.JPG P1030964.JPG
P1030963.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,870 Posts
Here is a car custom built by a fellow in Canada. This car was on display at the Tri-Power Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio this past August. Was a Sunfire.

I -LIKE-!!!! This car has everything that the late model GTO's (to me lacked). A distinctive look - there's no mistaking this car for anything other than a GTO. The stance is right, the "attitude" around the rear wheels is right (another area where the late models got it wrong, in my opinion), functional ram air... Dangit! Why couldn't have Pontiac done this?

I'm not a huge fan of the LS engines just because I personally don't like Chevys --- but even I will admit it's pretty tough to to dislike 500 hp -AND- 26 mpg. :eek:

Had this car ever gone into production, bet your a** there'd be one of them at Bear's house right now. :D

Bear

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
The entire car was built to size. endura front chopped and re-sized, headlight area, sized and the hideaways done perfect.... Custom ram air.

Was funny I followed this guy in.... was behind him at tech in.. he got out stood there, cannot speak a lick of English, all French, his wife was the translator.. the tech in guy was throwing his arms up in the air.... I said to my wife.... this guy doesn't know how to class it hes confused. As he is ranting and raving he calls over a guy and says What in the F- do I do with this, that the hell is it..... YOU class it I can't make heads or tails of this.

then he comes to my car, I say my car is a lot easier... this guy was fuming mad really pi$$ed off... and it was 8 am the gates just opened. I said you are in for a long day ..... he started cussing that car... I laughed and laughed.

This car won an award. Look for it in HPP I dunno why it wasn't in yet. Tom Demauro was up on a 55 gallon trash can taking pics of it, it looked like it was going to rain he was hurrying to take pics.... it didn't it cleared and the sun came out.... I saw Tom later and said sun's out!! He said it figures..and was still talking about the car.

I'd have one too if Pontiac did this.... oh well :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts